Whether you're throwing a large bash or a small get-together, here are 20 DIY decorations to spruce up the party! They’re easy to create and look great.
Do you love to host events in your home too? I love opening up my home to friends and family no matter the occasion.
I don't usually go all out with decorations, but I do like to have some party décor that matches the theme of the event.
Below you will find lots of those special touches that you can add to your celebration, each with complete instructions, so there is no guesswork.
More Craft Idea Posts:
Idea posts are awesome because they give you lots of ideas all in one place! Here are a few more idea posts that I think you might like: 20 Fantastic Paper Flower Garlands for Weddings, 15 Fun DIY Donu Decorations, and 20 Paper Envelope Tutorials.
Be sure to look around the blog for more Craft Idea Post!
DIY Party Decorations:
Visit the website for the step-by-step tutorial.
1. Paper Star Decorations from Made Up Style
DIY paper star decorations are a stylish way to decorate for the festive season without going over the top.
2. Fringe Photo Backdrop from A Kailo Chic Life
Have you all seen those fun, colorful fringed party decorations? The ones that look like a pinata wall? They seem to be popping up on my radar everywhere.
3. DIY Donut Wall from Twinkle Twinkle Little Party
Building a Donut Wall is simple and with just a few supplies you can create an eye-catching display for your next celebration! Promise you will wow your special guests
4. Pom Pom Polka Dot Party Hats from Polkadot Chair
Get ready for an epic party with these adorable printable polka dot party hats! Just print, tape, & glue and you’re ready to go! Perfect for birthday parties.
5. Cut 8 Paper Pennants From 1 Sheet of Paper from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Cut 8 Paper Pennant shapes out of 1 sheet of beautiful patterned paper. Then you can create a Fabulous Pennant Banner.
6. Tinsel Fringe Chandelier from WPS
Drop some sparkle and shine from your party’s ceiling with this glorious gold chandelier. All it takes to achieve this impactful piece is some fringe garland and embroidery hoops.
7. Cupcake Wine Glass from Smart Schoolhouse
Today we are showing you how to make a fun, inexpensive, unique, and cute DIY cupcake stand! The supplies for a plastic wine glass cupcake stand are easy to find and the result is something that your friends, family, and most importantly, your kids, will love.
8. Giant Balloon Filled Numbers from Craftibilities
I made these giant numbers and love how they turned out!
9. Tissue Paper Pom Poms from Thoughtfully Simple
I'm a big fan of using tissue paper pom poms in my party decor. What I love about them is that they are inexpensive and can be used in a wide variety of events.
10. Sassy Gift Wrapping from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Use vinyl and your Cricut to create fun Sassy Gift Wrapping! Great way to dress up gifts for Birthdays, Anniversaries, or any occasion!
11. DIY Tassel Garland from Inspired by Charm
12. Sparkle Branches from Happily Ever Borrowed
Recreate this sparkle branch decor for a unique and beautiful way to add sparkle to your celebration.
13. A Balloon Garland the Easy Way from Paisley Sparrow
Trying to figure out how to make a balloon arch? A balloon garland is a super-easy way to make a big impact on any kind of party! They’re actually incredibly simple to make which you’ll see with this tutorial.
14. Paper Chain Backdrop from Pretty Life Girls
I love how this turned out, and it looked bright and fun, and inviting at our event! If you want to make a show-stopping photo booth or party backdrop, it can be customized to match any color scheme.
15. Ceiling Decoration from Smart Party Planning
Learn how to make an easy plastic tablecloth ceiling decoration in 6 simple steps. Using dollar stores tablecloths, you can create a hanging chandelier that is fun and will provide the finishing touch to the party decor.
16. Hanging Paper Lollies from The Crafty Blog Stalker
How to make Hanging Lolly Art great for bedroom decor or party decor. An easy DIY craft tutorial idea using patterned paper.
17. Pom Pom Balloons from Design Improvised
These pom-pom balloons just might be my favorite DIY balloon craft yet. Who would’ve thought that you could hot glue things onto a balloon without it popping? I figured it was worth a try.
18. Crepe Paper Streamers from A Subtle Revelry
One of the things I love about pinatas is how pretty their fringe is. So why not bring that same gorgeousness onto the walls and other party decors. The same simple steps can be used to create soft, fluffy strands of garlands. Aren’t they delightful?
19. Easy Tissue Paper Number from Raising Whasions
Rock your party ideas with this tissue paper number DIY. Make for under $5, the perfect centerpiece for your party on a budget!
20. Cute Goodie Bags that are Fast and Easy from The Crafty Blog Stalker
These goodie bags are so easy to make and they’re perfect for any party or celebration.
What are your favorite type of parties to throw?
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!