The best Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe ever and it is so easy to bake! Below is the full recipe and step-by-step tutorial.
Lemon Meringue Pie Video Tutorial:
Like videos? I have a video tutorial for you! Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don't miss out on any future video tutorials!
Lemon Meringue Pie is my love! In fact, on many occasions, hubby has brought me home a pie over flowers because he knows I will enjoy that so much more!
Yup, he loves me!
Growing up, my favorite pie was always lemon meringue and my mom made it the best!
Now it's my turn to make the best Lemon Meringue Pie ever and I use the same recipe that my mom always did. It's actually on the side of the Lemon Jello Box! So it is no secret.
I have tried "from scratch" lemon pie recipes and they aren't as good and require more effort.
- Lemon Jello Cook and Serve Pudding
- ½ C Sugar
- 2 ¼ C Water
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Frozen Pie Crust
Begin by combining all of the ingredients in a pot on the stove. Stir until a full boil.
After it boils, let it cool for 5 minutes before you pour the pudding into a cooled baked pie crust.
I break the rules and use store-bought frozen pie crusts. It is so easy and still tastes AMAZING!
- 3 Egg Whites
- ⅓ C Sugar
Beat 3 egg whites in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in ⅓ cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
The meringue is the best part of the pie if you ask me!
Simply plop it on the top of the pie. If you can make loopy peaks it makes the pie look even better.
Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes to brown the meringue.
When it comes out of the oven it is all golden and I just want to eat it! But, it must cool before you cut into it or it will just be a gooey mess.
The next picture was supposed to be a beautiful slice of pie. But I was so anxious to have a slice that I completely forgot to take a picture of that. OOPS! But let me tell you, it was AMAZING!
What is your favorite flavor of pie? Share and leave a comment below!
How to Make a Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Lemon Pie Filling
- Lemon Jello Cook & Serve Pudding
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 ¼ cup Water
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Frozen Pie Crust or make with your favorite pie crust recipe
- 3 Egg Whites
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- After mixture boils, let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the pudding into your pie crust.
- Beat 3 egg whites in large bowl with mixer on high speed until foamy.
- Gradually beat in ⅓ cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over the pie reaching to the edges of the pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes to brown the meringue.
- Let cool at room temperature before serving.
- After 4 hours at room temperature the pie can be placed in the refrigerator.
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don't scratch my cookware and is easy to clean!
- A Glass Cutting Board is a must to prepare all of those ingredients. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully, and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn't stick to the blade.
- 29 Fun St. Patrick's Day Crafts for Kids
- 23 Classroom Valentine Cards You Can Make with Cricut
- 29 Simple Valentine's Paper Heart Crafts
- How to Make Buttery Caramel Popcorn
- How to Make a Yarn Tassel Tree for Christmas Decor
- 16 Rusty Vintage Spring Crafts for Your Home
- 28 Felt Christmas Crafts You Can Make With Simple Instructions
- 34 Easy To Follow Ideas For DIY Advent Calendars
- 20 Beautiful Fabric Flower Tutorials
- 75 Easy DIY Home Decor Projects to Fit Your Style
- 20 At Home Science Crafts for Kids
- How to Make a Blizzard at Home