Thinking about making your own homemade Advent calendar, but not sure how? Here are 25 amazingly easy ideas you can follow to create your very own DIY Advent calendar.
My favorite thing about Christmas is all of the traditions.
When I was younger, the family would get together and we would each make our own Advent Calendars for December. It was so exciting to count down the days of December with a small treat every night before bed.
Now that I'm older and have my own kids, I get to pass that same feeling of excitement onto them!
More DIY Christmas Round-Ups:
Crafting is our passion, obviously since that is what The Crafty Blog Stalker is all about! We definitely love Christmas too. So why not combine the two? Like 20 Holiday Embroidery Hoop Art Ideas, 20 Fun Ideas for Christmas Party Games, and 20 Inexpensive Neighbor Christmas Gift Ideas.
Take a look around and see all of the craft tutorials we have!
DIY Advent Calendar Ideas:
Visit the website for the step-by-step tutorial.
1. Christmas Tree Advent Calendar from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Learn how to make a Christmas Tree Advent Calendar with the Cricut Maker! The full Project is ready to cut in Cricut Design Space. Easy DIY Craft Tutorial Idea.
2. Heirloom Advent Calendar DIY from A Beautiful Mess
Handmade felt Christmas stocking advent calendar to count down the days till Christmas!
3. DIY Advent Calendar with Cricut Explore Air 2 from Kaleidoscope Living
This personalized DIY advent calendar is so cute and easy to make! Best of all, you can make them fit your kid's individual personality.
4. Christmas Village Advent Calendar from Bird's Party
DIY Christmas Village Advent Calendar - easy, inexpensive, and super pretty craft idea for a Christmas countdown.
6. Christmas Stocking Countdown Calendar from Polka Dot Chair
Help everyone in your house get excited for Christmas with this adorable Christmas Stocking DIY Advent calendar! Amy from Ameroonie Designs is back with us again sharing a free sewing pattern for these adorable small Christmas Stockings!
7. Gumball Machine Advent Calendar from Happiness is Homemade
A simple idea for a homemade advent calendar using gumball containers and twine.
8. DIY Felt Advent Calendar from Make Life Lovely
Learn how to make a gorgeous felt advent calendar to count down the days until Christmas! Each day on this Christmas advent calendar has a pocket to place treats and activities inside.
9. Handmade Lego Block Advent Calendar Frugal Fun for Boys
Christmas is coming! Count down to Christmas Day with Lego Santa and the North Pole.
10. DIY Punch Box Advent Calendar from Studio DIY
I took a clue from the classic Punch a Bunch game and turned a punchboard into a punch box. Then added a bunch of advent goodies and a dash of holiday cheer! Shazam! A punch box advent calendar with 24 prizes hiding in 24 holes and a big ol’ bonus prize hiding under that giant bow for the final day of advent.
11. DIY Modern Advent Calendar from Homey Oh My
The idea for this calendar came to me the instant I found these wood tree stickers and mini paper bags at Michaels.
12. Animal Advent Calendar made with Envelopes from Pepperming Green
My little 4-year-old son Joshua loves every kind of four-legged creature that is up to mischief in our forests
and a colorful calendar with animal motifs makes a great advent. He can guess a different animal every day and
then eat the delicious contents.
13. Christmas Ornament Advent Calendar from Oh Happy Day
Every year we love making advent calendars to celebrate the holiday all month long. This year, we were inspired to create a colorful Christmas ornament advent! We have so many cute favors in our shop that are perfect to put inside these little balls.
14. Gold Star Garland Advent from A Beautiful Mess
The fun of an advent calendar is just being together, even if it’s just to open a little cardboard box with cookies or candy inside.
15. Geometric Advent Calendar from Finding Simple Moments
I had a vision of what I wanted in my head but I couldn’t find it anywhere, and so I figured I might need to find a small business that could make it for me. When my husband suggested we make the frame together, I just about fell over.
16. Easy DIY Advent Calendar with Cricut from Hey Let's Make Stuff
With a few materials from JOANN and your Cricut Explore or Maker, you can create this easy DIY Advent Calendar with Christmas activities! Your family will love counting down the days until Christmas!
17. DIY Wood Clock Advent Calendar from Thrifty and Chic
I just love how this Adven Holiday Decor turned out, and it's super cheap and simple!
18. Christmas Advent Countdown from My Sister's Suitcase
Want to create your own Advent calendar that is inexpensive, unique, and fun? You'll learn how to make your own DIY Advent calendar here.
19. Advent Calendar with Free Printables from Shanty 2 Chic
I am here today to share a quick and cute advent calendar I made! This also makes a super cute Christmas Card display!
20. Elves Advent Calendar from Oh Oh Decor
This year’s advent calendar is finally ready. I scratched my mind to make something more environmentally friendly and came up with the idea of recycling baby glass jars.
21. Magnetic Tins Advent Calendar from Somewhat Simple
We can’t get enough of this darling magnetic advent calendar! With a few simple supplies, you’ll have a genius countdown you can’t wait to use every year!
22. Quick and Simple Advent Calendar to Make from Rainy Day Mum
23. DIY K-Cup Advent Calendar from Dolled Up Design
This would make a great gift for the Keurig owner in your life. It is a fun presentation and a unique way to try some different coffee flavors. You really are never too old for the surprise and delight of an advent calendar!
24. Christmas Tree Advent Calendar from Jennifer Maker
Learn how to make this Christmas Tree Advent Calendar to countdown to the big day!
25. DIY Advent Calendar from Krysta French
The holiday season is a magical time, and what better way to celebrate the magic of the season than with an advent calendar.
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect to keep in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!