Mix a package of cake mix and pudding mix in a bowl and bake to make these quick lemon bars. They only need a few ingredients and are a delicious dessert! If you make a purchase using the affiliate links included, we may earn a commission.
What is your favorite dessert flavor? Mine is definitely lemon!
I love that sweet and tart flavor. It just makes my mouth happy.
If you love lemon too then you are going to love this recipe. They really are the best lemon bars!
Recipe Video Tutorial:
Like videos? I have a video tutorial for you! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don't miss out on any future video tutorials.
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe:
- 1 Cook & Serve Lemon Pudding
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 ¼ Cups Water
- 1 Angel Food cake mix
- Powdered Sugar
It is important you use the Cook and Serve Pudding and the Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake.
Instant pudding doesn't have the same consistency as the cook and serve, and the cake mix needs to be "just add water". If there are multiple packets in the Angel Food Cake Mix Box it won't mix the same. Trust me, I've tried it.
Easy Lemon Dessert Bars Recipe
To begin, make the Cook and Serve Lemon Pudding according to the directions on the side of the box.
Pour the Angel Food Cake Mix into a separate mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of lemon pudding.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Add a dusting of powdered sugar to the top while cooling.
Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.
These dessert squares are called lemon bars, although the dessert is more similar to a thin lemon square cake.
When you make this lemon bar recipe, please share a photo! We'd love to see it.
How to Make Lemon Bars with a Cake Mix and Pudding
- 1 4.3 oz Cook & Serve Lemon Pudding Mix
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2¼ cup Water
- 1 box Angel Food Mix
- Powdered Sugar
- To begin, make the Cook and Serve Lemon Pudding according to the directions on the side of the box.
- Pour the Angel Food Cake Mix into a separate mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of lemon pudding.
- Beat mixture on low speed for 1 minute: beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Don't use a smaller pan than this because the cake will overflow while baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar to the top while cooling.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Lemon bars will stay fresh for up to 7 days when stored in an air-tight container. No need to keep them in the refrigerator, they can be left at room temperature on your counter.
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don't scratch my cookware and are super easy to clean!
- To prepare all of those ingredients a Glass Cutting Board is a must. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn't stick to the blade.
- 35 Game Day Recipes for Your Next Football Party
- How to Make an Easy and Gorgeous Fabric Wreath for Fall
- How to Start a Smash Book
- How To Frame Diamond Art in 4 Easy Steps
- 37 DIY Yarn Wall Hanging Crafts With Clear Instructions
- 55 Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
- 57 of the Best Homemade Ice Cream Maker Recipes
- How to Make an Inexpensive Above Ground Sprinkler System
- 20 At Home Science Crafts for Kids
- 20 Crafts with Plastic Easter Eggs
- 20 Closet Office Design Ideas
- 20 Classroom Valentines Cards You Can Make with Cricut