Paper Strip Hearts are easy and fun to make. Hang them from the ceiling or add them to a banner for fun party decor. If you make a purchase using any affiliate links below, we may earn a commission.
There is no better way to decorate for Valentine's Day than with hearts!
These paper hearts are super easy to make with scraps of paper and are a great craft to make with kids.
How to Make Paper Hearts:
To begin, choose your paper.
I chose a double-sided paper that also has touches of glitter in it. There are so many fun papers out there to choose from.
Using a paper trimmer, cut the pattern paper into strips.
For each heart, you will need 6 strips. The 2 small reds are 5 inches long, the pink is 6 ½ inches long and the patterned red is 8 inches long.
To make different-sized hearts, for fatter or skinnier hearts, you cut the strips into different lengths.
Stack them as shown above and bring the bottoms of all the slips of paper together and staple.
Take 3 strips of paper and bring the ends together until they are even. Do the same with the other three strips pulling them in the opposite direction.
Then bring all 6 ends together, keeping them even, and staple the ends together.
And there is your heart!
Hang them with string or ribbon. To attach the string, I took a glue dot and put it down the center of the heart, put the end of the string in the center, and pinch the heart together. The glue dot will hold the string, it won't be super strong, but will hold the heart to hang it.
I like to watch the hearts as they hang because they slowly spin so they are always moving.
I hung some at my desk at work.
When you make these paper hearts please share a photo! We'd love to see them.
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when needed!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- How to Make a Yarn Tassel Tree for Christmas Decor
- How to Make a Naughty or Nice Family Christmas Game
- 28 Fun and Scary Halloween Costume Headband Tutorials
- How to Make a Halloween Candy Bar Wrapper with Free SVG
- 36 Game Day Recipes for Your Next Football Party
- How To Frame Diamond Art in 4 Easy Steps
- 37 DIY Yarn Wall Hanging Crafts With Clear Instructions
- How to Make a Patriotic Bandana Wreath
- 57 of the Best Homemade Ice Cream Maker Recipes
- 20 Crafts with Plastic Easter Eggs
- 20 of the Cutest Valentine Card Boxes on Pinterest
- 40 of the Best Recipes for Small Cookie Cups