What’s more rewarding than giving your loved one a handmade gift? And there’s no better time than their birthday? These easy DIY birthday cards are all you need.
Everyone has a birthday, and that means everyone has a reason to be celebrated!
Show your friends and family how much you love them with a handmade birthday card.
DIY Birthday Cards:
Visit the website for the step-by-step tutorial. All links will open in the same tab.
1. Watercolor Birthday Cards from Fox + Hazel
Birthdays are at the forefront of my mind right now with 5 birthdays in my family in the next 6 weeks! Between my family and my husband’s, this time of year is a birthday bonanza.
2. Happy Birthday Balloons Card from I'm In Haven
I used a Simon Says Stamp AND Penny Black balloon dies to make this cute birthday card.
3. Watercolor Floral Birthday Card from Desert Diva
When I saw the lovely new dies released at Simon Says stamp, it reminded me of a cutting file I had in my Silhouette library. I challenged myself to see if I could create something similar in the Silhouette studio.
4. Balloon Bash Card from Don't Forget To Write
The Balloon Bash card is a slightly unusual shape (the finished size is 3 ¾" x 7 ¼").
5. Circle Birthday from Stamp It with Jen
Here is a birthday card using the inlaid embossing technique.
6. Washi Tape Cakes from Make and Takes
These whimsical washi tape birthday cakes remind me of something from Alice in Wonderland or Dr. Seuss stories. So colorful and cute! I love having a stack of birthday cards on hand, and these cards are quick to make and low-mess.
7. Embossed Butterfly Birthday Card from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Do you like to make handmade birthday cards for your friends and family? This embossed butterfly card is a beautiful card to give or receive!
8. Diagonal Double Fold Birthday Card from Lisa's Stamp Studio
9. Bundle and Balloons Card from 3 Umbrellas
This card was made using the Bundle of Balloons card kit.
10. Washi Tape Balloon Birthday Card from Paper Princess
This card was very simple to make! it uses only Washi Tape, Glimmer Paper, Two punches, one stamp, and Black ink!
11. Handmade Birthday Card with Water Brushes from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Make a handmade birthday card for a friend using water brushes. Below is the step-by-step tutorial on how to create a fun watercolor look.
12. Button Balloons Card from Studio Calico
I used digital stamps along with digital cardstock to make the card background & then added as many button balloons as I could. I die-cut the word "happy" from felt for some additional texture.
13. Birthday Stripe Card from Mr Gift Blog
Nothing says ‘celebration’ quite like bright rainbow colors, especially on a black background.
14. Say it with Stars from Miss Pinks Craft Spot
I started by stamping my birthday sentiment, then placed 3 of the star dies in position and ran through the Big Shot, then re-positioned and worked my way along the edge of the card, cutting 7 in total - perfect for a rainbow of color.
15. Watercolor Cake Card from K Werner Design
Today I thought I would create another card that requires only minimal supplies. I used an inexpensive Crayola watercolor set to create my cards.
16. Printable Birthday Cards from Skip to my Lou
Let your friends know you’re thinking about them on their birthday with these adorable, free printable Birthday Cards in 3 different styles. They are perfect for friends both young and old! Everyone appreciates a personalized card.
17. Circle from I'm in Haven
I am so enamored with the Simon Says Stamp Circle Frame die...I made a couple cards, simply changing the paper colors, textures, and sentiment to get two different-looking cards.
18. Scrap Busting Birthday Card from Panda Cream
Today I'd like to share the first one with you! It also involves some weaving - my new favorite technique.
19. Rainbow Birthday Cake from I'm in Haven
I pulled out all my colored glittery paper for this fun birthday card.
20. Leafy Birthday Card from The Postman Knocks
Even if you don’t know of anyone with a birthday coming up, it’s not a bad idea to make a few homemade birthday cards to have on hand! That way, when someone’s special day does sneak up on you, you can put the card in an envelope and send it on its merry way!
21. Birthday Balloons Card from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Make quick and personalized birthday cards with a Cricut. A simple tutorial for a memorable, handcrafted greeting.
Our Crafting Essentials:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room and are always ready when needed!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream, and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- 29 of the Best Step-by-Step Paper Envelope Making Tutorials
- How to Make a Layered Christmas Card with Cricut
- How To Make a Birthday Candy Jar for Gift Giving
- How to Make Easy DIY Harry Potter Magic Wands
- 20 DIY Party Decorations for any Celebration with Step By Step Tutorials
- How to Make DIY Return Address Labels with Cricut
- How to Make a DIY Gift Card Box
- How to Make Paper Boxes and Gift Packaging
- Handmade Thank You Card with Washi Tape