How to make Watermelon Treat Bag filled with candies! Easy to make with the Sizzix Big Shot and fun to give a handmade gift. Easy DIY Craft Tutorial Idea.
One of my favorite people at work is changing jobs and moving out of my department. I wanted to give her a little something to show her how much I am going to miss sitting next to her every day. One of her favorite candies are the Sour Patch Watermelon Candies so this cute Watermelon Treat Bag was the perfect fit.
My favorite part of the goodie bag is the tag that says - You are one in a melon!
So cute, I love it!
This was a really quick craft and something you could easily duplicate.
Supplies Used: Some links may be too similar items when exact items couldn't be found online. Feel free to change the supplies to accommodate what you already own. These are just the supplies that I used.
- Big Shot
- Fancy Favor Bigz XL Die*
- Colored Cardstock
- 1 ¾" Circle Punch
- Chalk Talk Framelits
- Small Alphabet Stamps
- Sour Patch Watermelon Candies
- Cellophane Treat Bag
- Jump Rings
- ¼" Ribbon
*This Fancy Favor Bigz XL Die is no longer in production but you can find similar dies for use in the link above.
How to Make a Watermelon Treat Bag with the Sizzix Big Shot
The bag was made using the Fancy Favor Bigz XL die and Big Shot. I used a light pink cardstock.
The die even scores the fold lines so all you have to do is fold and put some glue on the bottom tabs and your bag is made.
The fun part of this bag is making the tag. Let's start with the Watermelon Punch Art piece. Cut 1 red and 1 green circle using a 1 ¾" punch
- Layer the red circle on top with just the edge of the green circle showing underneath and adhere
- Use the edge of the Boho Blossoms punch to take the bite out of the sliced watermelon
- (not pictured) use a black marker and draw in the seeds of the watermelon
For the base of the tag, use the Big Shot and Chalk Talk framelits dies.
- Stamp out the saying on the tag using very small alphabet stamps - it's not straight but I am OK with that
- Glue the watermelon slice on top
- I used 2 jump rings to attach the tag to the bag - 1 for the tag and the other on the bag and hooked them together.
Sour Patch Watermelon Candy is so good! It's hard not to eat them all. Just keep repeating, "It's a gift, their not for me. It's a gift, their not for me."
Pour them into a food-safe cellophane treat bag and tie it up with a piece of green ribbon. I added a matching piece of ribbon on the tag as well.
Isn't it so cute all put together? I hope she likes it! Who would you give this fun little treat bag too?
And let’s be friends on Pinterest so you can see all the fun DIY projects I’m pinning!
You Might Also Like:
- 20 Fun Watermelon Crafts
- Yellow Felt Flower Scarf
- Candy Jack O'Lantern Halloween Treat
- Handmade Birthday Card
- Candy Cane Wreath
- How to Make a Glass Etched Monogram Candy Jar
- How To Make a Birthday Candy Jar for Gift Giving
- DIY Aesthetic Stickers Diamond Painting Kit for Beginners
- 20 Free Camping SVG Files for your Weekend Camp Trip
- How to Make a Personalized Cutting Board to Give as a Gift
- 20 Easy Handmade Gifts for Mom on Mother's Day
- 20 Dollar Tree Summer Fun Crafts for Adults
- Summer Printable Search and Find Pictures
- 20 Smart End of Year Teacher Gifts
- How to Make a DIY Gift Card Box
- How to Make a DIY Pool Noodle Lightsaber
- How to Print and Cut in Cricut Design Space