For those with a bit of creativity, crafting fun and personalized shadow box with your name on it or containing a special item for your room or keychain is a lovely addition to your room.
DIY Shadow Box Frames make a perfect handmade gift for weddings, graduation, births, and so much more. Turn a memory into art!
Use the projects below as your inspiration to create your own!
More Craft Ideas:
Since we love to craft, we have so many DIY tutorials that we think you will enjoy! Like this Personalized Glass Etch Wine Bottle, this Ombre Glitter Pendant Necklace, and this Fabric Bunting Gift Wrap.
Take a look around and see all of the craft tutorials we have!
What is a shadow box frame?
A Shadow Box Frame is very similar to a traditional frame except there is depth behind the glass so you can display thicker media items.
This type of frame is also referred to as a keepsake frame because these frames make it easy to display keepsakes while keeping them safe.
What can I put in my shadow box?
You can place almost anything in a shadow box as long as it fits inside the frame!
Usually, people put some kind of keepsake in this type of frame. Something you would want to keep in pristine condition and keep safe.
The possibilities are endless, and that is what this post is all about. Giving you lots of ideas on how to display memories and create keepsakes.
Shadow Box Ideas:
Simply tap on the title above the photo to be taken to the step-by-step tutorial.
1. Shadow Box with Layered Mandala Monogram from Special Heart Studios
I pray these bring you joy and something to do while stuck at home. I personally plan to make one for my daughter’s bedroom.
2. Ticket Stub Shadow Box from Randi With An I
I finally got sick of the number of errant ticket stubs and broken wristbands filling up shoeboxes inside my apartment and decided to do something about it.
3. Paper Art Shadow Box from Jennifer Maker
Make a beautiful picture using layers of paper with my step-by-step tutorial. This shadowbox paper art template makes for a stunning conversation piece or gift.
4. DIY Holiday Shadow Box from Fresh Crush Co
This time I tried a little something new and created a DIY Holiday Shadow box, complete with bottle brush trees, miniature (and completely adorable) Santa, snowflakes… the whole nine. But the best part? Most of these are dollar store items, so once you find a frame you like, the investment stays pretty small.
5. Pet Memorial Shadow Box from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Losing a pet is hard. Create a Beautiful Pet Memorial Shadow Box to honor their memory.
6. Unicorn Button Art from Craft with Sarah
Unicorns are a very popular theme for decorating nurseries and children’s bedrooms. I wanted to create a piece of artwork that would be suitable for this purpose, so decided on a unicorn button art box frame design that would add to my ever-growing collection of unicorn crafts.
7. Welcome Fall Shadow Box from Elle Marie Home
This Welcome Fall Cricut Shadow Box is the perfect addition to that decor and it just makes me happy every time I look at it.
8. Paper Flower Shadow Box Frame from Jennifer Maker
Learn how to make a gorgeous paper flowers shadow box as home decor or a heart-felt gift.
9. Travel Shadow Boxes from Red Around The World
Every time I go on a trip, big or small, I always come home with a million little tickets, business cards, and maps.
10. Inspirational Glitter Quote from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Create a beautiful Glitter Quotes Frame using a Cricut and a Shadow Box. Great wall decor or place on a shelf. Make it for yourself or as a handmade gift!
11. Unicorn Shadow Box from Craft with Sarah
Craft your own unicorn shadow box with this easy unicorn wall art tutorial & free printable unicorn crown template.
12. Lego Shadow Box from Leggings "N" Latte
This DIY Valentine’s Day Lego Shadow Box is a really simple and affordable craft to put together for your loved one this holiday. All you need is some Lego characters, access to a printer for the free printable, a glue gun, scissors, and a small shadow box.
13. 3D Lighted Winter Shadow Box from Burton Avenue
Today, I’m showing you how to make this pretty lighted winter shadow box. It’s so pretty to look at and it’s so easy to make, since your machine does most of the work.
14. Framed Scrabble Tile Quote from Sum of Their Stories
Turn old scrabble tiles into a piece of art by spelling out a favorite quote.
15. Last Name Personalized Gift from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Learn how to make this beautiful paper flower shadow box with a Cricut. The finished project makes a perfect personalized gift for any gift-giving event.
16. DIY Butterfly Study Shadow Box from Bless 'Er House
Beautiful butterfly art with a free printable.
17. Winter Wonderland Shadow Frame from Christene Holder Home
Create a simple walking in a winter wonderland shadow box using the Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker. This sign is fun, bright, and will look great for a festive holiday home.
18. Monogram Shadow Box from Our Home Made Easy
This shadow box craft is totally interchangeable for the seasons! That means you can keep it up all year and simply pick up a new piece of card stock when you’re ready to switch from Fall to Christmas to Winter. Yay!
19. Sand and Rock Shadow Box from Joann
Beautiful layered art that can easily be pout on display.
20. Emergency Cash Gift from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Put some thought into your gift of cash and make it fun. This in case of emergency break glass frame is a fun unique way to give cash that they will love!
If you love these easy shadow box ideas please help me share them on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect to keep in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!