Give the love of your life the gift of a homemade Valentine’s Day gift -- a fabric gift you made yourself. From decor and gifts, here are 20 DIY fabric gifts that you can create today.
Valentines is such a fun a special time of year, but for some, it can be difficult to show that special someone how you feel.
Giving a heartfelt gift is a great way to show love and appreciation.
I know that I love to receive small gifts and it makes me feel special, so I bet it does the same for others too.
During my research for simply fabric Valentine gifts, I found so many that I knew I had to share with you!
All of these projects include a free pattern and instructions!
Visit the website for the step-by-step tutorial.
1. DIY Fabric Hearts from Flamingo Toes
These sweet DIY Fabric Hearts are perfect for giving to a friend or neighbor! They are filled with fiberfill and lavender so they make a great little sachet.
2. Valentine’s Day Cup Sleeve from Start Sewing
Valentine’s Day Cup Sleeve Free Sewing Patterns is such a great project to make a Valentine’s Day gift quickly and easily. The Cup Sleeve with the heart design adds a soft and cushion barrier grip to your drink, and also makes your cup look lovely and special.
3. Fabric Cone from Super Mom No Cape
When trying to come up with a DIY Valentine gift idea, I thought back to some of the fun paper crafts we used to make for Valentine’s when we were kids to see if there was one that I could translate into fabric. I wanted to be able to share a tutorial for something that was cute, small, and quick to sew.
4. Cross Stitched Heart Hand Warmer from Wild Olive
Back in the days of Laura Ingalls, traveling in the winter meant loading heated stones into the wagon to keep warm. Thankfully that's no longer needed, but keeping hands warm, even with car heaters, can be a challenge. These simple hand warmers are easy to make, and they really do keep your hands toasty warm!
5. Heart Block Pillow Pattern from Coral + Co
This easy pillow pattern will fit an 18" x 18" pillow. I used my fluffy down feather ones and it turned out perfect.
6. Valentine's Day Wall Hanging from The Pretty Life Girls
Although this embroidered banner is just right for Valentine’s Day, it would work for the rest of the year too.
7. Fast and Easy Valentine's Day Garland from Sew Can She
Need a last-minute Valentine’s Day project? Looking to work through your basket of fabric scraps?
8. Quilted Heart Valentine Coasters from Polka Dot Chair
Stitch up these heart quilt block coasters as a fun decoration for your Valentine’s Day table. They even have a special pocket on the back to store a secret message!
9. Valentine's Day Treat Bags from Jacquelin Steves
For this project, I pulled a few red and pink fabrics from the scrap basket and gathered up some buttons and trims from my sewing room.
10. Heart Backpack from Sew Much Ado
Need a fun project to make for a special little Valentine? Today I’m sharing this Heart Backpack Free Pattern that will keep any munchkin smiling all year long!
11. Heart Tree Pillow from The Stitching Scientist
This free pattern fits a standard 16″ square pillow but it can be scaled up or down to fit any square size pillow. It makes for the perfect little Valentine’s Day gift. Enjoy the free pattern.
12. Valentine Mug Rug from We All Sew
Happy New Year, everyone! Kymona here, with a couple of cute heart mug rugs to share with you. A new year brings new experiences, lessons to learn, and a lot of sewing.
13. Valentine's Day Pillow from Fort Worth Fabric Studio
Today I have a quick and easy project to share with you!! I am a little obsessed with pillows and this is the perfect quick project to make for Valentine's Day.
14. Easy Valentine's Day Tote Bag from Organized 31
This easy Valentine’s bag is an adorable way to share Valentine’s affection with a friend. Of course, a young child would also be thrilled with this Valentine’s Day gift.
15. No-Sew Heart Pillow from Sugar Spice and Glitter
While we love our simple sewing projects for kids, sometimes a Simple No-Sew Craft like these No-Sew Heart Pillows is perfect for a quick and easy craft session.
17. Conversation Hearts Keychain from Cucicucicoo
V-Day is coming up soon, so it’s time for all DIY projects to start featuring hearts and pink and the word “LOVE.” And, seeing as love is indeed what makes the world go round, today I have a fun Valentine’s Day keychain sewing tutorial to share with you!
18. Fabric Heart Coasters from Thirty Handmade Days
The cutest way to celebrate Valentine’s Day is with these simple fabric heart coasters!
19. Conversation Heart Tassel Charm from Studio DIY
These would make great gifts for your Galentines or Valentines, or they’d just look super cute on the door to your kid's room for Valentine’s Day! They’re pretty easy to make, I made them in under an hour, and there’s no sewing machine required!
20. Sweatheart Zip Pouch from Polkadot Chair
his Valentine’s Day sewing project is a quick one and the design is simple, you can easily adapt it if you’d like.
If you love these craft ideas please help me share them on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Sewing Essentials List
- The Sewing Machine we use is a Singer Fashion Mate and has been a great machine.
- The Cricut 18" x 24" Self Healing Cutting Mat is my favorite. Beautiful pattern on one side, and measurements on the other.
- This Rotary Cutter cuts easily and is very comfortable to hold.
- And one can never have enough Measuring Tapes! I'm always misplacing mine.
- How to Bling Your Jeans with Rhinestones
- 20 Beautiful Fabric Flower Tutorials
- How to Make a Colorful DIY Felt Garland the Easy Way
- How to Make Paper Flower Valentine Cards with Life Savers
- 20 Interactive Valentine's Day Party Games For Kids And Adults
- 20 T-Shirt Yarn Projects That Are Simple & Fun
- How to Make a Minky Rag Quilt
- How to Make a Personalized Etched Glass Wine Bottle
- How to Make a Manly Beef Jerky Bouquet
- 25 Easy Paper Heart Crafts Ideas
- 20 Classroom Valentines Cards You Can Make with Cricut
- How to Make a Custom Kitchen Rug