This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Heat presses are machines that use heat and pressure to apply designs onto t-shirts, bags, etc. This article compares the Cricut EasyPress and a Swivel Heat Press.
Are you a huge fan of Heat Transfer Vinyl too? There are so many fun things you can make with that stuff! My most favorite is T-shirts! Everyone needs a personalized tee that perfectly matches their personality don't you think?
A product that is SUPER IMPORTANT when it comes to Heat Transfer Vinyl is the heat press you use to apply it.
Of course, you can use the home iron from your laundry room, but the vinyl never seems to stick great and doesn't last through several washes.
BUT when you use an iron that is designed for Heat Transfer Vinyl you will be completely hooked to the craft!
Buying the right heat press for you and your projects is an important decision, so I am here to help! We are going to compare an Industrial Swivel Heat Press and the Cricut EasyPress 2.
Compare Cricut EasyPress 2 VS a Heat Press Videos
Do you want to see these machines in use? In this video, I create 4 different projects and use a different heat press for each project and give my review.
Here is a shorter version that doesn't include the projects, only my spoken review of the heat presses.
Iron-On Heat Transfer Vinyl Craft Tutorials:
I love designing my own tote bags, shirts, and pillow covers. That means I have lots of craft tutorials to share with you. Like this Funny Music Tote Bag, this Napping Blanket, and this I'm Freaking Cold Sweatshirt.
Be sure to look around the blog for more fun craft tutorials!
Industrial Swivel Heat Press:
Heavy Duty Steel Frame
Shipping Weight is 67 pounds
- Shipping weight is for all pieces included so that means with all of the attachments and packaging the shipping box weighs 67 pounds. I would say the machine itself is about 40-45 pounds.
11" x 15" Heated Surface
- I had to look up several YouTube videos just to see how to set the temperature and how to use the machine.
- There are several attachments that can be connected to the control box to be used on baseball caps, plates, mugs and so much more.
Cost $200 - $400
- The cost varies quite a bit because there are so many manufacturers of this machine.
Cricut EasyPress 2:
3 Different Sizes of Heat Plate
- Large 12" x 10"
- Medium 9" x 9"
Lightweight and Portable
- 12" x 10" is 9 pounds
- 9" x 9" is 6 pounds
- 6" x 7" is 4 pounds
Insulated Safety Base
- Included with each machine
- 12" x 9" $239.99
- 9" x 9" $189.00
- Mini $69.99
Optional EasyPress Mats
- Not included with the machine, it is an additional purchase.
- Protects table or counter and helps evenly distribute the heat of the EasyPress.
Swivel Arm Heat Press Pros
- Heavy Duty - great for project after project
- Large heat surface
- Different attachments for different projects
- Can be used for Sublimation, HTV, and more.
Swivel Arm Heat Press Cons
- Heavy - It is hard to move around and I definitely wouldn't want to take to someone else's home
- Bulky - Where do I store it?
Cricut EasyPress 2 Pros
- Lightweight and Compact
- Easy to move and store
- Different sizes available for different sized projects
- Easy to follow instructions and Interactive Quick Reference Guide
- Can be used for Sublimation, HTV, and more.
- Lower Cost
Cricut EasyPress 2 Cons
- Plastic Body - I'm not sure how it would fare after a hard fall
My winner is... Cricut EasyPress 2!! It is so quick and easy to use!
Do you want to do your own research? Learn all about the Cricut EasyPress 2 and the Swivel Heat Press.
Purchase your own Swivel Heat Press
Purchase your own Cricut EasyPress 2
Do you have different Pros and Cons than I had? Share and leave a comment below!
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- How to Easily Make a Concrete Buoy DIY Door Stopper
- How to Make Large Paper Rosette Party Decorations
- 31 Free Camping Printables and Activities for Kids
- 57 of the Best Homemade Ice Cream Maker Recipes
- How to Make an Inexpensive Above Ground Sprinkler System
- 20 Fantastic Paper Flower Garlands for Weddings (And How To Make Them Yourself)
- 20 Personalized Wedding Gifts You Can Make With A Cricut
- 20 T-Shirt Yarn Projects That Are Simple & Fun
- 20 March Madness Party Ideas: Food, Games, and Decorations
- 25 Easy To Follow Ideas For DIY Advent Calendars
- How to Make a Custom Craft Table
- 20 Cinco De Mayo Crafts for Adults