What is the best heat press? Compare the Cricut EasyPress 2 and an Industrial Swivel Heat Press. Which one is best for you? This is a sponsored post on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are my own because I love giving you helpful tutorials!
Are you a huge fan of Heat Transfer Vinyl too? There are so many fun things you can make with that stuff! My most favorite is T-shirts! Everyone needs a personalized tee that perfectly matches their personality don’t you think?
A product that is SUPER IMPORTANT when it comes to Heat Transfer Vinyl is the heat press you use to apply it. Of course, you can use the iron from your laundry room, but the vinyl never seems to stick great and doesn’t last through several washes. BUT when you use an iron that is designed for Heat Transfer Vinyl you will be completely hooked to the craft!
Buying the right heat press for you and your projects is an important decision, so I am here to help! We are going to compare an Industrial Swivel Heat Press and the Cricut EasyPress 2. Let’s start with the Industrial Swivel Heat Press.
Industrial Swivel Heat Press
Heavy Duty Steel Frame
Shipping Weight is 67 pounds
- Shipping weight is for all pieces included so that means with all of the attachments and packaging the shipping box weighs 67 pounds. I would say the machine itself is about 40-45 pounds.
11″ x 15″ Heated Surface
- I had to look up several YouTube videos just to see how to set the temperature and how to use the machine.
- There are several attachments that can be connected to the control box to be used on baseball caps, plates, mugs and so much more.
Cost $200 – $400
- The cost varies quite a bit because there are so many manufacturers of this machine.
Cricut EasyPress 2
3 Different Sizes
- Large 12″ x 10″
- Medium 9″ x 9″
- Small 6″ x 7″
Lightweight and Portable
- 12″ x 10″ is 9 pounds
- 9″ x 9″ is 6 pounds
- 6″ x 7″ is 4 pounds
Insulated Safety Base
- Included with each machine
- 12″ x 9″ $249.99
- 9″ x 9″ $159.00
- 6″ x 7″$139.99
Optional EasyPress Mats
- Not included with the machine, it is an additional purchase.
- Protects table or counter and helps evenly distribute the heat of the EasyPress.
Compare Cricut EasyPress 2 VS a Heat Press Videos
Do you want to see these machines in use? In this video, I create 4 different projects and use a different heat press for each project and give my review.
Here is a shorter version that doesn’t include the projects, only my spoken review of the heat presses.
Swivel Arm Heat Press Pros
- Heavy Duty – great for project after project
- Large heat surface
- Different attachments for different projects
Swivel Arm Heat Press Cons
- Heavy – It is hard to move around and I definitely wouldn’t want to take to someone else’s home
- Bulky – Where do I store it?
Cricut EasyPress 2 Pros
- Easy to move and store
- Different sizes available for different sized projects
- Easy to follow instructions and Interactive Quick Reference Guide
- Lower Cost
Cricut EasyPress 2 Cons
- Plastic Body – I’m not sure how it would fare after a hard fall
My winner is… Cricut EasyPress 2!! It is so quick and easy to use!
Do you have different Pros and Cons than me? Share and leave a comment below!
Follow me on Pinterest and you can see all the DIY projects I’m pinning!
You Might Also Like:
- Trendy T-Shirts with Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Halloween Shirt with Glitter Iron-on
- Snowflake Pillow Cover
- T-shirt with Iron-on Transfer
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Shirt
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.