Don't throw it away! Upcycle and create something beautiful that you can still use! These 7 easy upcycled project ideas will get you started.
What is the difference between upcycling and recycling?
Upcycling is when you reuse an item and create an item that can still be used, instead of throwing it in the trash.
Recycling is when you convert trash like glass, paper, and plastic into reusable material by breaking it down and creating new products.
What is an Upcycled Project?
Just about anything can be used to make something else. It just takes a bit of creative thinking!
Let think about that soup can you have on your counter from lunch. You could throw it in the trash, or the recycle bin, BUT, how about you clean it, paint the outside, and put pens in it for your desk?
You now have an upcycled project!
Crafting has always been about combining products to make a single item. Upcycling is using a product that no longer has value or use, and giving it a new purpose!
Examples of Upcycling Projects
Below are 7 easy upcycle crafts that can get you started with upcycling.
Each project includes a material that could have been thrown away but instead, the user found a new way to use it and or decorate it to give it new life.
Visit the website for the step-by-step tutorial.
What upcycled projects have you made?
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- How to Make a Mermaid Tail for Dress-Up
- 30 Awesome Things to Make with Cardboard
- 20 Easy Drinking Straw Crafts You Can Make At Home
- 20 Simple And Easy Crafts to make with Mismatched Socks
- 20 Thrifty Ways to Repurpose Crystal Light Containers
- How to Make a Build a Bear Wardrobe
- 20 Fun Shoelace Crafts You Can Do
- 20 DIY Pallet Projects with Instructions
- 20 of the Best Painted Rock Art Ideas, You Can Do!
- 20 Pool Noodle Projects You Can Make
- 20 Fun Pool Noodle Crafts
- How to Make a DIY Pool Noodle Lightsaber