Hoop crafts are easy to make, even if your sewing skills aren’t that great. Choose from these 20 crafts for Christmas to get your holiday decorating started.
What kind of crafts do you like to create for the holidays?
Hoop art is becoming increasingly popular and great for the beginner crafter and the expert.
Each hoop art includes a step-by-step tutorial so you can be sure you have everything you need and know exactly how to create it.
Simply select the title to be taken to the step-by-step tutorial.
1. Embroidery Hoop Christmas Decor from Delineate Your Dwelling
Learn how to make an Embroidery Hoop Christmas Decor wall hanging this holiday season.
2. Easy Upcycled Vintage Fabric Holiday Hoop Art from My So Called Crafty Life
I have bunches of Christmas cutter tablecloths that I like to craft with during the holidays. I always end up with bits and scraps that just sit around. So, this year, I thought I’d use some of my favorite scraps for a little hoop art collage!
3. Smiling's My Favorite - Embroidery Hoop Art from Flamingo Toes
Since it’s Christmas time I felt like I needed to change out some of my hoops with Christmas versions! So my first one is this Smiling’s My Favorite Embroidery hoop art – inspired by one of our favorite Christmas movies – Elf!
4. Altered Art from Lynn Kopas
I decided to decorate an embroidery hoop I've had in my stash for some time and I love it looks! What do you think?
5. Upcycled Embroidery Hoop Wreath + Merry Printable Banner from Twelve 0 Eight
This Embroidery Hoop Wreath is thrifty from top to bottom.
6. Merry Christmas Embroidery Hoop Wreaths from Hello Yellow
Today I want to share an easy Christmas craft using one of my favorite craft supplies – embroidery hoops!
7. Mistletoe Embroidery Hoop Art from Flamingo Toes
Now you have a sweet mistletoe hoop art to hang up or put on your tree!
8. Embroidery Hoop Christmas Ornaments from Kippi at Home
Making handmade Christmas ornaments is a family tradition we enjoy as a family. We choose a new theme every year, so it keeps things fresh. This year we are making embroidery hoop ornaments in the colors of a candy cane.
9. Holiday Embroidery Hoop Art from The Lily Pad Cottage
As promised, I’m back with this easy tutorial on making your own Holiday Embroidery Hoop Art. Really, if I can do this anyone can, no sewing skills are required – I swear!
10. Embroidery Hoop Christmas Wreath from Weekend Craft
How to create a Christmas wreath with an embroidery hoop and your Cricut using fabric and heat transfer vinyl.
11. Embroidered Wreath from Hobby Craft
Want a Christmas wreath that's a little bit different? Have a go at making an embroidered one. With an easy template to copy directly onto the fabric, you can't go too far wrong!
12. Snowflake Embroidery Hoop from Homemade Lovely
Make your own snowflake embroidery hoop ornaments, with a few inexpensive supplies. Use them on your own tree or customize them as gifts!
13. Easy DIY Embroidery Hoop Ornaments from 2 Bees
Easy DIY embroidery hoop ornaments that you can make in minutes.
14. Jingle Bell Wreath from Our Southern Home
It's a nice large and full wreath for my front door. I love that it is so different from your traditional round-door wreath.
15. Joy Embroidery from Salty Oat
This holiday-themed sampler features French knots and lots of satin stitching.
16. Holiday Hoop Art from City Farmhouse
I am gearing up for the holidays and have tons of DIYs to share. In the meantime, I thought I would show an easy + fun DIY for your walls using an old shirt, some felt + a drop cloth-Holiday Hoop Art.
17. Button Christmas Wreath Embroidery Hoop Art from Factory Direct Craft
Hang this little button wreath as a nod to the holiday and to primitive style. This will look as cute in your home as in your office.
18. Merry Christmas Embroidery Hoop Homemade Ornament Pattern from Polka Dot Chair
Every year I make some new Christmas ornaments for our tree. Since I’ve been doing a lot of embroidery lately, I decided that my tree needed a little embroidery hoop ornament.
19. Sweet Gingerbread Embroidery Hoop Art from Flamingo Toes
Gingerbread (crafts – not cookies) is one of my favorite parts of the holidays so I just had a blast making this sweet gingerbread embroidery hoop art to share with you today!
20. Free Embroidery Christmas Tree Pattern from I Should Be Mopping The Floor
This hoop art has only two simple stitches! It uses a backstitch and a French knot...in a simple repetitive pattern that is perfect for embroidery beginners (or anyone!).
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!