Last updated on February 28th, 2019 at 02:04 pm
How to make cute Santa Treat Boxes filled with Christmas Candy for a fun holiday gift! Easy DIY paper craft tutorial idea for teacher and neighbor gifts.
Do you like to give little treat boxes to friends, neighbors and teachers during the holidays? These are some of my favorite gifts to make and give. There is something so much more personal in a small hand-made gift.
The head of Santa comes together with a combination of different punches. This is called punch art. A majority of the punches used are from Stampin’ Up! These supplies can only be purchased through Stampin’ Up! but feel free to adjust the design to use what you already own.
- Extra Large Oval (hat, hat rim, face)
- Large Oval (hat)
- 1/2″ Circle Punch (nose)
- Ornament Punch (beard)
- Bird Builder (mustache)
- Boho Blossom (hat tassel)
To assemble the Santa head punch art:
- Glue white hat trim to the top of the face oval
- Glue ornament to chin of face for beard
- Glue 2 bird wings at top of the beard to create mustache
- With a dimensional or raised glue dot, adhere the nose to center of mustache
- Glue 2 googly eyes to face
- Glue smaller oval to the back of the larger oval and add Glitter shape as a pom-pom. Glue to back of Santa head
For the cone box, I used the Sizzix Bigz L Petal Cone Die. This is another Stampin’ Up! exclusive product. Cut out 2 pieces to make one box. Fold along the score lines and added glue on the tabs. When you put the box together this is what it looks like.
For the stamp on the front, stamp the image on white cardstock and then use a Scallop Square punch to cut out of the shape.
When you put all of the pieces together you have a cute Santa Treat Box!
I needed 17 boxes so I made a whole army of Santas!
I do love how they turned out, and I hope all of my friends enjoy them too! How will you use these Santa Treat Boxes? Share and leave a comment below.
If you liked this post you can find more DIY craft ideas in my Christmas Gallery.