Everyone knows Santa loves cookies. But what kinds of cookies does Santa like? Find out Santa’s favorites here.
Do you like to make homemade cookies during the holidays?
Do you make a cookie plate filled with different varieties for friends and neighbors, or make the same recipe year after year as Santa cookies?
Whatever the reason you make Christmas cookies, today I am sharing 20 delicious homemade cookie recipes that are perfect for the holiday season.
More Dessert Recipes:
I'll be the first to admit that I don't love to cook, but I do love gathering around the table and talking about our day.
To help with meal planning, I go to recipe round-ups where I can get a lot of recipe ideas in one place. Like 20 Moist Cupcake Recipes, 20 Delicious Lemon Dessert Recipes, or 23 No-Cook Ice Cream Maker Recipes.
Be sure to look around the blog for more Dessert Recipe Ideas!
Christmas Cookies for Santa:
Visit the website for the step-by-step tutorial.
1. White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Delicious cranberry oatmeal cookie recipe made with white chocolate chips. Below is the complete recipe tutorial!
2. Salted Caramel Pecan Thumbprint Cookies from Real Housemoms
Salted caramel and pecan thumbprints are a rick cookie rolled in pecans and filled with a decadent salted caramel frosting for a sweet dessert that is perfect for the holidays!
3. Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from Sugar Apron
I promise these No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies made with peanut butter, oatmeal and cocoa are the quickest, tastiest, no-bake cookies you’ll ever eat though! Kids absolutely love them.
4. Chocolate Frosted Christmas Cookies from real Housemoms
5. Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle from The Crafty Blog Stalker
6. Dipped Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies from Creations by Kar
Dip these rich and buttery cookies in chocolate for an extra tasty treat. We love them sprinkled with toffee bits!
7. Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe from Liz on Call
This sugar cookie recipe makes the perfect rollout dough to make all kinds of shapes. Perfect for decorating for any holiday. Plus they are nice and soft and oh so delicious!
8. Peanut Butter Cup Cookies from Kleinworth and Co
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are the perfect blend of salty and sweet with a peanut butter cookie base and loaded with mini peanut butter cups and chocolate chips!
9. Caramel Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle from Creations by Kara
Tender buttery shortbread topped with gooey caramel and drizzled with chocolate. It doesn’t get much better than that!
10. Dipped Chocolate Chip Pizelle Cookies from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Pizzelle cookies are unique and delicious cookies to make. Below is the complete recipe for Dipped Chocolate Chip Pizzelle Cookies.
11. Christmas Tree sugar Cookie Bars from Cupcake Diaries
My kids loved making this new treat this year – Christmas Tree Sugar Cookie Bars. They could decorate the trees however they wanted using M&M’s, sprinkles, and Sixlets. The pretzel sticks were a cute little touch!
12. Homemade Oreos from Ashlee Marie
We love cookies at our house, and cookie sandwiches are like every child’s favorite thing, right? These homemade Oreos are chocolaty, sweet and with cream cheese filling the taste is amazing.
13. Chocolate Mint Cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread
Chocolate Mint Cookies are an easy holiday cookie that tastes great, looks festive and they’re dipped in chocolate!
14. Old Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies from Saving Dessert
These delicious Old-Fashioned Ice Oatmeal Cookies are so much better than the cookies of my childhood. They’re soft in the middle, chewy around the edges, they’re not overly sweet and have notes of cinnamon and nutmeg. This is a really terrific cookie!
15. Peppermint Shortbread Cookies from Liz On Call
Christmas time to me means lots of homemade treats. Homemade treats are some of my favorite things to give and receive. Today I’m sharing a cookie recipe that is so festive and perfect for Christmas.
16. Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel Cookies from Cookies and Cups
Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel Cookies are my new salty/sweet obsession! Browned Butter adds depth to the flavor to this cookie recipe while the butterscotch and chocolate chips keep things perfectly sweet!
17. Lemon Sugar Cookies from The First Year
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies are a crowd favorite that you can make anytime of the year. These lemon sugar cookies are thick and chewy and easy to freeze. Easy to make in one bowl with fresh lemon and everyday ingredients!
18. Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies from
These soft batch cookies are made with a combination of butter and cream cheese, which makes them extra rich and delicious! I like to make mine using a combination of chocolate chips and chunks, and you can even use M&M’s in these!
19. Gingerdoodle Cookies from the Novice Chef
These Gingerdoodle Cookies are a cross between a chewy gingerbread cookie and a classic snickerdoodle. They’re a totally addictive, festive addition to your Christmas cookie platter. Santa will love them!
20. Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies from The View From Great Island
Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies might just be the perfect little slice and bake cookies for the holidays, I’ll be making them right through to when I snag that last bag of fresh cranberries of the season.
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don't scratch my cookware and are super easy to clean!
- To prepare all of those ingredients a Glass Cutting Board is a must. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn't stick to the blade.