Pizzelle cookies are unique and delicious cookies to make. Below is the complete recipe for Dipped Chocolate Chip Pizzelle Cookies.
This recipe was originally shared on National Cookie Day, which is December 4th. This cookie is so delicious that it should be made all year long! So I thought it was the perfect time to share it with you again.
Are you new to pizzelle? Let me explain what it is first.
What is a Pizzelle Cookie?
The pizzelle are traditional Italian waffle cookies made from flour, eggs, sugar, butter or vegetable oil, and flavoring.
When you say “pizzelle” make sure to put a bit of Italian flare on the word and you will probably be saying it correctly. It’s kind of fun to say! ?
More Cookie Recipes:
Desserts are my favorite part of any meal! Since I love cookies and cakes so much, we have several recipes to share with you. Like Peanut Butter Cookies, these Orange and Fudge Sandwich Cookies, and these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Be sure to look around the blog for more yummy Dessert recipes!
Ingredients You’ll Need For This Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Butter – melted and cooled
- 2 cups Flour
- 11/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Dipping Chocolate
- Chopped Nuts
- Pizzelle Maker
Melt your butter and set aside.
Beat the eggs and sugar together. Add the butter and vanilla to sugar mixture.
Sift together the flour and baking powder. Add 1/2 of the mix to the sugar mixture and mix. Add the remaining flour and mix.
Stir in mini chocolate chips.
Heat the Pizzelle maker according to the directions. Place 1 tsp. of batter on the grid. Bake until golden brown (30-40 seconds).
Remove and cool.
I love how pretty the designs are on the cookies – looks so fancy and gives the cookie a nice crispy texture
Dip the pizzelle in melted chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
Let chocolate cool and store cookies in an air tight container.
I love the crispy texture paired with the chocolate. Just imagine all of the possibilities and variations of this cookie that you could make.
If you love this tutorial, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don’t scratch my cookware and are super easy to clean!
- To prepare all of those ingredients a Glass Cutting Board is a must. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn’t stick to the blade.
- Melt your butter and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together. Add the butter and vanilla to the sugar mixture.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Add 1/2 of the mix to the sugar mixture and mix. Add the remaining flour and mix.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Heat the Pizzelle iron according to the directions. Place 1 tsp. of batter on the grid. Bake until golden brown (30-40 seconds).
- Remove and cool.
- Dip in chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
- Let chocolate cool and store in an airtight container.
If you love this recipe, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!