A favorite cookie of mine are Peanut Butter cookies. I love how easy they are to make and how wonderful peanut buttery they taste! These Peanut Butter Cookies are especially delicious with a bit of chocolate added on top. Nothing better than putting Peanut Butter and chocolate together! My daughter and I love to do a lot of baking around the holidays - it is a tradition that we love. Peanut butter cookies are always on the list of cookies to make.
I ran to Walmart to buy the ingredients I needed for this recipe. I like to use the Skippy All Natural Creamy peanut butter for these cookies. Here is my spin on the classic Peanut Butter Cookies.
Peanut Butter Cookies
In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients. In another bowl mix all of the other ingredients. Then begin adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is nicely mixed. Don't overmix.
Form the dough into balls and roll into sugar. Place onto parchment covered cookie sheets.
Gently press down on the cookie balls with a fork in a criss cross pattern.
Place into a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
You can eat these hot from the oven (so good) but if you want to add some chocolate I let them cool a bit. I then melt some chocolate chips int he microwave (just heat 30 seconds at a time - stirring between heatings) and then drizzle the chocolate over the cookies with a spoon.
Now you can share the joy of these delicious cookies with your friends and family but be sure to hide some away for yourself before they are all gone!
- 1 Cup Skippy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl mix all other ingredients together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the other ingredients and mix until evertyhing is incorporated. Don't overmix.
- Roll dough into balls (about 1 ½ inches in diameter) and roll in sugar than place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Use fork to press down cookies into a criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 12 minutes and enjoy!
- Optional - Melt some chocolate and drizzle onto the cookies - this is how I love them!