Don't buy envelopes for those special cards and invitations, make your own! Learn how to make various types of paper envelopes with these step-by-step tutorials.
Learn how to make a handmade envelope and you will never need to buy paper envelopes again!
This collection brings the best of envelope templates and tutorials into one place. Easy DIY craft ideas will show you how to fold and create the perfect envelope for your invitation, card or letter.
More Crafting Ideas:
We just love to craft! That is why we have so many craft tutorials that we want to share with you! Like these Glitter Painted Votive Candle Holders, this Candy Basket, and this Manly Beef Jerky Bouquet.
Take a look around and see all of the fun craft tutorials we have!
Paper Envelope Making:
Simply tap on the title above the photo to be taken to the step-by-step tutorial.
1. Blooming Envelopes from Make Tour Mark
This is so pretty! Who wouldn't want to get a blooming envelope instead of a store-bought card?
2. Origami Heart Envelope from Go Origami
This simple Origami Heart Envelope will make a sweet little gift by itself or you can make it even sweeter by putting something special inside.
3. Stitched Envelopes from Make Your Mark
One of my favorite things to do is sew paper. My 2nd favorite thing to do is pick up damaged books on the street and try to give them another life. Pair those together and you get these lovely envelopes
4. Dots and Doilies Next on Nicx
These could be fabulous for letters, invitations, birth announcements, birthday cards, or thank you notes… anything that requires a pretty envelope!
5. Envelope Wrapping from Queen Bee Creative
Beautiful! I don't know who wouldn't want to receive one of these gifts...it has a little bit of everything and is so very thoughtful!
6. Envelope Box from Simon Says Stamp
Take a look for a great tutorial on how to make an envelope/box and don't forget your scoring board!
7. Envelope Templates from Mine Eco
Printable PDF templates to make your own envelopes in many different sizes.
8. How to Make Trendy Envelopes for Spring from Catch My Party
These envelopes would work great for small gifts, little notes, or if you're hosting a spring party, how about little seed packet party favors?
9. DIY Envelopes from Larissa K Designs
With the holidays coming fast, I decided that I wanted to make homemade envelopes to give with gifts this year. I thought that it would add just that little something to a gift card.
10. Free Printable Mini Envelope Templates and Liners from Clementine Creative
It’s been a while since my last free printable, and this time I worked hard to bring you these cute little printable envelope templates and envelope liners!
11. Airmail Envelope Templates from The Staioner's Apprentice
More envelope templates, this time allowing you to print your own airmail envelopes on letter-size paper.
12. How to Make an Envelope out of Scrapbook Paper from Growing Up Gabel
Learning how to make an envelope from scrapbook paper is super easy and fun! You can choose any paper, any pattern and make them any size appropriate for your event. This is also a fun craft for kids to make and send “mail” to each other.
13. Wedding Invite Envelope Liners from The DIY Bride
I'm so excited to share this DIY with everyone! As you previously saw in one of my posts, I wanted to line our invitation envelopes with one of our engagement pictures, and here is how they turned out!
14. Accordion Envelope Using Paper Bags from One Bunting Away
This is a very easy and simple project. It is a little folder where you can fit almost anything flat that you wish to send to your pen pal. And you have a nice envelope made up with all those leftover paper bags.
15. Heart Envelope from Denami Design
A tutorial on how to create your own heart envelopes. Not only are they darling, but they're easy to make, too!
16. Envelopes from Scrapbook Paper from Diane Again
Handmade envelopes cut from cutesy patterned paper.
17. Doily Envelope from Poppy's Cabin
Envelopes that are both elegant and easy to make!
18. DIY Mini Envelopes from The Creative Place
A free envelope template is available at the end of this post to save and print.
19. How to Make an Origami Envelope from Cristine Colli
This is a simple tutorial for an origami envelope that opens up like a box. You can use it as an envelope for a notecard, of course, but also to wrap small flattish items such as thin notebooks, books, and similar.
20. The Quickest Way to DIY an Envelope from House Beautiful
This envelope works with any kind of paper, and — spoiler alert — there are no fancy tools required. In fact, the only materials you need are a piece of paper (scrapbook paper will do), a pair of scissors, and a glue stick.
Which paper envelopes are you going to make? We'd love for you to share a photo!
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!