Create beautiful DIY jewelry with electrical wire! Below is the complete step-by-step tutorial on how to make an electrical wire ring.
Do you like to make your own jewelry? In my opinion, handmade jewelry is more special than store-bought jewelry because it is more personal.
Have you ever thought of using electrical wire in your DIY jewelry? What? Electrical wire isn't something you would use to make jewelry? Well hopefully, this tutorial will change your mind!
More DIY Jewelry Tutorials:
Jewelry is fun to make and wear to show off your personal style. We have several DIY jewelry tutorials we want to share with you! Like this Fishtail Stretch Bracelet, this Ombre Glitter Pendant Necklace, and this Simple Flower Ring Tutorial.
Be sure to look around the blog for more handmade jewelry tutorials!
Supplies You'll Need to Create this Project:
This post contains affiliate links.
Moderate Craft Level:
Before we start, I need to tell you that this ring is not a beginner project. It took several attempts before I was happy with the end result. BUT it can be done so don't give up.
Here is how the ring progressed over different tries.
How to Make a Wire Wrapped Ring
Start off with about 18 inches of the coated electrical wire.
Wrap it around the finger you will wear it on but make it just a little bit bigger. You will want to wrap the wire around twice.
Wrap the long end of the wire, up and over the end of the wire that was wrapped around your finger.
Wrap the wire several times around the 2 loops that make the ring.
Loop it around several times to cover the raw end of the wire.
It will look messy until you pull the wire tight.
Loop around about 5 times. Pull the end through the last two loops. You will have to loosen the loops to get the end through but you can pull it tight again by pulling on the end
Trim with a pair of wire cutters as close to the ring as you can.
It should look something like this. With a pair of jewelry needle nose pliers, pull the end nice and tight.
When you pull the wire tight, move the loops as needed to cover the end.
Make sure there are no loose wires poking on the inside of the ring because that would make the ring uncomfortable to wear.
There you have it! You have a fun, unique ring and everyone will ask you, "Is that electrical wire?"
If you love this handmade ring tutorial, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Jewelry Making Essentials List:
- Jewelry Pliers are a necessity and a different plier is needed for different tasks.
- Good quality Jump Rings are a necessity in many different sizes and metals.
- A Non-slip Bead Mat keeps all of your beads, findings, and tools in front of you without rolling away!
- The more you DIY Jewelry the more little beads and things you will accumulate. Keep them organized with Plastic Organizer Containers.
- 3 Seed Bead Earring Tutorials for Beginners
- How to Make a Statement Necklace with Ponytail Holder Beads
- 24 Tutorials to Make Beautiful, Handmade Rings
- How to Make an Easy Flower Ring
- How to Make a Towel Bar Necklace Hanger for the Wall
- DIY Rubber Band Bracelet with Loom Bands
- 28 Beautiful and Unique Handmade Jewelry Ideas
- How to Make a Necklace Card
- How to Make a Handmade Pendant Necklace
- How to Make Your Own Earring Holder Frame
- How to Fix a Broken Necklace Clasp
- 20 Cute Handmade Earrings Ideas