Learn how to make elastic bracelets. A simple DIY kid's craft tutorial idea! A step-by-step tutorial on How to Make DIY Stretch Bracelets!
I was at my local craft store earlier this week and I came across loom bands.
They were very intriguing and looked simple enough. Right away I thought that my girls would love these.
More Bracelet Tutorials:
Jewelry is fun to make and wear to show off your personal style. We have several DIY jewelry tutorials we want to share with you! Like this Fishtail Stretch Bracelet, this Pair of Bling Bracelets, and this Retro Bracelet Kit.
Be sure to look around the blog for more handmade jewelry tutorials!
Supplies You'll Need to Create this Project:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Take the small rubber band and flatten it into an oval in your fingers and put it through the clear jump ring.
- Take another small rubber band and flatten again and put it through the two loops from the previous band.
- Continue with small rubber bands until you have the desired length, then take the 2 loops of the last band and put them into the clear plastic jump ring.
It is really that easy!
The package came with a crochet needle, but we all found the needle more confusing to use than just your fingers.
All three of my girls made one and had a lot of fun. My youngest is 8 and she was a little frustrated to get started but once she figured it out she made several no problem.
They even made their bears some!
My girls also made a few for their friends at school.
I never did learn how to make the fancy braided friendship bracelets but I think these are much easier, and I think they are pretty cute too!
Our Jewelry Making Essentials List:
- Jewelry Pliers are a necessity and a different plier is needed for different tasks.
- Good quality Jump Rings are a necessity in many different sizes and metals.
- A Non-slip Bead Mat keeps all of your beads, findings, and tools in front of you without rolling away!
- The more you DIY Jewelry the more little beads and things you will accumulate. Keep them organized with Plastic Organizer Containers.