This Ham and Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich is perfect for breakfast or dinner. It is loaded with ham, delicious cheese and a perfectly cooked egg. Cook the egg up your favorite way and your tastebuds will love this sandwich!
Sometimes nothing is better than a grilled cheese sandwich. Ooey gooey cheese plus your favorite toppings. All in buttery toasted bread – yum! I want another already! Also grilled cheese has to be one of the easiest things to make. Let me show you how I do this sandwich.
Ham and Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
You will need just a few ingredients that you most likely have in your fridge. Some bread, eggs, ham, cheese and butter!
- Bread – I like to use french bread cut into thick slices
- Eggs (1 egg per sandwich)
- Ham – I like to use thick sliced ham
- Your favorite cheese – today I used a provolone/mozzerella cheese
Cut thick slices of your french bread and butter them.
Place two buttered sides together and add ham to each sandwich.
Cook your eggs however you like them – scrambled, omlet style, sunny side up… My husband loves these sunnyside up.
Add your eggs to your sandwich.
Add a couple slices of cheese.
Heat a pan on medium heat and add your sandwich butter side down and cook for a couple minutes until the bottom is golden brown then flip over and cook the otherside.
To help the cheese melt put a lid over the sandwich for a bit. Once the second side is golden brown the sandwich is ready to eat! Yum!!
What is your favorite toppings to put on a Grilled Cheese sandwich?
To celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day I joined 10 other bloggers to share our grilled cheese recipes with you! Check them all out as there are some delicious ideas!
13 Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipes
- Ham and Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich (found here)
- Avocado, Egg and Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Grilled Chicken Melts – Real Mom Kitchen
- The Ultimate Spicy Grilled Cheese – The Stay At Home Chef
- Bacon Grilled Cheese – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Chicken Mediterranean grilled cheese – Ashlee Marie
- Bananas Foster Melt – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Mushroom Lovers Grilled Cheese – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Pesto Grilled Cheese Panini – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Croque Monsieur – The Baker Upstairs
- Grilled Cheese Pizza Roll Ups – Life Made Simple
- Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – Real Mom Kitchen
- Turkey Swiss Waffle Panini – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Quick Italian Panini – The Baker Upstairs
What is your favorite kind of Grilled Cheese Sandwich?