Starting with a box of pancake mix, you can add fresh fruit to create a breakfast surprise for your family on a weekend morning.
My kids love pancakes for Saturday morning breakfast. I will often use the Aunt Jemima pancake recipe mix to make up a big batch of pancakes and add in different things my family loves.
The kids love giving me ideas of things to add to our pancakes - our favorites are blueberry pancakes and chocolate chip pancakes.
I sometimes do other fruit like raspberries and strawberries, and sometimes I add some chopped-up cooked bacon to the pancakes. It all depends on the flavor we are craving.
To help make my life just a little bit easier I will make a bunch of pancake batter on Saturday and cook up different kinds of pancakes.
My kids enjoy the pancakes on Saturday and I store the leftover pancakes in the fridge.
Throughout the week my kids grab a couple of pancakes out of the fridge and microwave them for 20 seconds and they have hot delicious pancakes for breakfast. It is such a time saver for me!
More Breakfast Recipe Ideas:
Be sure to look around the blog for more delicious recipe tutorials!
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Aunt Jemima Original Syrup
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete Mix
- ½ cup frozen Blueberries or
- ¼ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
Today I mixed up three batches of pancake mix in a large bowl.
First, simply add the Aunt Jemima pancake mix powder you need (per the box instructions).
Pour in your water (per the box instructions) and mix until there are no large lumps.
I then divided the batter mixture into 3 bowls. You only need to do this if you are making several batches with different mix-ins.
One bowl I left plain.
In another, I added ½ cup blueberries.
In the last, I added ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
Set your heat at a medium setting or 375 degrees, grease with some spray.
Drop ¼ cup of batter onto a skillet or griddle for each pancake.
After a couple of minutes, the pancake should be browned and cooked and you can flip it over to cook on the other side.
Even though I used frozen blueberries this was enough time to cook the blueberries as well.
Serve up a stack with Aunt Jemima syrup and enjoy!
These extra fluffy pancakes with fresh blueberries are so good!
Easy blueberry pancakes for the win!
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don't scratch my cookware and are super easy to clean!
- To prepare all of those ingredients a Glass Cutting Board is a must. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn't stick to the blade.
If you love this recipe tutorial, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!