July is National Blueberry month and to celebrate I am sharing this mouthwatering Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastries. I thought about several desserts I could make and I decided to go with a Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastry. I love using puff pastry and find it is so easy to use – and it was perfect!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastries
Just make a few cuts in your puff pastry to make several squares and in no time you have a delicious pastry to serve for dessert or to enjoy for breakfast. These delicious pastries have a yummy layer of cream cheese, a handful of blueberries and after a quick trip in the oven they are drizzled with a sweet glaze. Yum!
There are a few items that I love to use when I am baking. Here are the ones I really love and think you should give a try!
1. Cookie Sheet – This cookie sheet is an absolute favorite of mine! It is nonstick and is really good quality for such an affordable price. Because of the nonstick coating cleanup is a breeze! I just love that it is dishwasher safe.
2. Parchment Paper – I personally love to bake my items on parchment paper. I am always in a hurry and anything that can help me is awesome! I love lining my cookie sheets with parchment paper – makes cleanup even easier! Even though my cookie sheets are easy to clean and dishwasher safe I rarely wash them because the parchment paper keeps them clean. I also like using parchment paper because I can easily transfer my cookies by just picking up the parchment paper off the cookie sheet.
3. Timer – A good timer is a must for me! Yes I do have a timer on my microwave and my oven but I am often in my office or outside with the kids so I don’t hear the timers in the kitchen. This timer I can take anywhere with me. It also has a magnet so it can easily store on my fridge. This timer has been through the ringer with me but is still doing great!
4. Cute Spatulas – We all have normal, regular, good spatulas in our kitchen. But do you know what makes baking more exciting? Cute spatulas, dishes, dishtowels, etc.! I just love making my kitchen cute with these!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 container blueberry cream cheese (room temperature so it spreads easy)
- 1 package of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Thaw your pastry according to package directions. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each pastry evenly into thirds horizontally and into thirds vertically so you have 9 squares per pastry sheet.
- Place the pastry squares on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix together the egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush each pastry square with the egg wash.
- At the center of each square spread a tablespoon of cream cheese.
- Add a handful of blueberries to the cream cheese and then sprinkle sugar over the pastry squares.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While pastries are baking make your glaze my mixing the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk together.
- Once the pastries are out of the oven let them cool for a few minutes then drizzle on your glaze.
- You can serve nice and hot or at room temperature.
Want more Blueberry Recipes? This month I have teamed up with a bunch of other bloggers to share blueberry recipes.
Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Cake @ We Like to Learn as We Go
Homemade Blueberry Poptarts @ Our Thrifty Ideas
Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastries @ Summer Scraps
Lemon Blueberry Sandwich Cookies @ From Gate to Plate
Panna Cotta w/a Blueberry Compote @ The Freshman Cook
Strawberry Vanilla Blueberry Ice Cream @ Food Lust People Love
Blueberry Pie Ice Cream @ Love in the Kitchen
Looking for more Pastry Recipes? Check these out!
You Are Also Going To Love:
If you really like my Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastry recipe, you will also love the following recipes. I have pulled them together for you right here!
For some reason I have been getting traffic from Pinterest for a Sweet Bluberry Layer Cake and I have had some people asking me for the recipe. If you are looking for the recipe for this delicious looking dessert please visit Sally’s Baking Addiction for her Sweet Bluebbery Layer Cake recipe.
If you are looking for more desserts check out my Yummy Treats!