I just love making desserts with puff pastry and what could be better than adding Nutella? For National Nutella day I thought I would give it a try by making Nutella Puff Pastry desserts. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and delicous. The dough is soft and flaky and reminds me of donuts.
Nutella Puff Pastry
Let me show you how easy it is to make these!
- Premade Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1 cup of Nutella
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Egg Wash (1 egg with a tablespoon of milk or water)
I use premade puff pastry found in the frozen food dessert section. You simply thaw the pastry, add a filling and bake. Not much simpler then that! The package of puff pastry has 2 sheets in the box. I can make 9 pastries out of each sheet. So this will make a total of 18 pastries. It can take about 40 minutes for the pastry to thaw out.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Once the pastry begins to thaw gently unfold it. Cut it equally in thirds both vertically and horizontally so there are a total of 9 pieces. Do this for both sheets.
Add 1 Tablespoon of Nutella to the center of each piece of pastry.
Fold one corner of pastry over the Nutella.
Add a dab of water to the corner of the pasty and then fold the other side over. I add the dab of water to help the pastry stick to each other.
Place the pastries on a baking sheet. I line the sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up. Brush on eggwash to the pastry and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Put your chocolate chips in an microwave safe bowl or cup and microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until melted (usually or 2 or 3 times). Then drizzle the chocolate onto the pastries and let cool.
How simple and easy is that? I love how easy this is to put together and the Nutella tastes amazing!
To celebrate National Nutella Day I joined 12 other bloggers to share our Nutella recipes with you! Check them all out as there are some amazing ideas!
13 Brand New Nutella recipes:
- Nutella Puff Pastry from Summer Scraps (You are Here)
- Slow Cooker Nutella Brownie Pudding from 365 days of Slow Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Bars from Creations by Kara
- Homemade Nutella from Ashlee Marie
- Nutella Mousse Cookie Cups from Butter with a Side of Bread
- Nutella Banana Crepes from The Baker Upstairs
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies from Life Made Simple
- Nutella Strawberry Pie from Jamie Cooks it Up
- Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies from Like Mother Like Daughter
- Nutella Smores Bars from Bless this Mess
- Nutella Swirled Skillet Cookie Recipe from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Nutella Buttercream Frosting from Real Mom Kitchen
10 more Favorite Nutella recipes:
- Peanut Butter Nutella Muffins – The Stay At Home Chef
- Coconut Nutella Pudding Cake – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Nutella Cream Puffs – The Baker Upstairs
- Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies – Creations by Kara
- Nutella Banana Muffins from Butter with a Side of Bread
- No-Bake Granola Bars with Nutella Drizzle – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Mini No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes – Real Mom Kitchen
- Nutella Krispy Treats – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Raspberry Nutella Cheesecake Bars – Life Made Simple