I just love making different pastries and working with puff pastry is so easy! Today I am sharing this mouthwatering Raspberry Cream Cheese Pastries. It is very similar to my Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastries – just change a few ingredients out for different flavors. You could do this with all different kinds of cream cheeses and fruit.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Pastries
Thaw and cut your puff pastry to make several squares and in no time you have a delicious pastry to serve for dessert or to enjoy for breakfast. These delicious pastries have a yummy layer of cream cheese, delicious raspberries and topped with a sweet glaze. Yum!
There are a few items that I love to use when I am baking. Here are the ones I really love and think you should give a try!
1. Cookie Sheet – This cookie sheet is an absolute favorite of mine! It is nonstick and is really good quality for such an affordable price. Because of the nonstick coating cleanup is a breeze! I just love that it is dishwasher safe.
2. Parchment Paper – I personally love to bake my items on parchment paper. I am always in a hurry and anything that can help me is awesome! I love lining my cookie sheets with parchment paper – makes cleanup even easier! Even though my cookie sheets are easy to clean and dishwasher safe I rarely wash them because the parchment paper keeps them clean. I also like using parchment paper because I can easily transfer my cookies by just picking up the parchment paper off the cookie sheet.
3. Timer – A good timer is a must for me! Yes I do have a timer on my microwave and my oven but I am often in my office or outside with the kids so I don’t hear the timers in the kitchen. This timer I can take anywhere with me. It also has a magnet so it can easily store on my fridge. This timer has been through the ringer with me but is still doing great!
4. Cute Spatulas – We all have normal, regular, good spatulas in our kitchen. But do you know what makes baking more exciting? Cute spatulas, dishes, dishtowels, etc.! I just love making my kitchen cute with these!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 container raspberry cream cheese (room temperature so it spreads easy)
- 1 package of frozen raspberries
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Thaw your pastry according to package directions. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each pastry evenly into thirds horizontally and into thirds vertically so you have 9 squares per pastry sheet.
- Place the pastry squares on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix together the egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush each pastry square with the egg wash.
- At the center of each square spread a tablespoon of cream cheese.
- Add 2 or 3 frozen rasbperries to the cream cheese and then sprinkle sugar over the pastry squares.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While pastries are baking make your glaze my mixing the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk together.
- Once the pastries are out of the oven let them cool for a few minutes then drizzle on your glaze.
- You can serve nice and hot or at room temperature.