Oven Fried Chicken Thighs are a family favorite dinner recipe that your family will love too. Below is the complete recipe!
This is my very favorite Fried Chicken recipe. The chicken has a delicious breading on the outside that bakes to perfection. It is so good that I bet it will quickly become one of your favorites too!
More Dinner Recipes:
I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t love cooking dinner, but I do love eating it when the family is all gathered together around the table. Some other favorites are this Delicious Corn Dog Recipe, Homemade Chicken Nuggets, and Butternut Squash in the Microwave.
Be sure to look around the blog for more delicious recipe ideas!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make this Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cup finely crushed saltine crackers (about 1 sleeve)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry ranch seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds chicken thighs
- spray butter
Oven Fried Chicken Thighs Recipe:
Chicken thighs are my favorite to use with this recipe, but any chicken pieces will work.
In a small bowl combine the egg and the milk.
Crush the crackers into crumbs. I use my Ninja Blender.
I crush a half sleeve of saltine crackers and a half sleeve of ritz crackers. This gives the breading a really good flavor. You can use breadcrumbs as well but the crackers give it a bit more of a crunchy breading.
After the crackers are crushed, add all of the spices into the Ninja and give it one more mix.
Pour the breading mixture into a separate bowl.
Remove the skin from the chicken.
Normally, we love chicken skin, but we have tried leaving the skin on with this recipe and it is better without it. The breading really is good enough that you don’t need the skin for flavor.
Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time, into the egg mixture and then the crumb mixture.
Place the breaded chicken pieces into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Give each piece a couple squirts of the spray butter.
If you don’t have spray butter you can melt about 2 tablespoons and pour over the top of the pieces. The butter gives a little bit of moisture and flavor while cooking. I have noticed the spray butter keeps the breading a little drier while the butter keeps in wetter, so it really is just a matter of preference.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 60 minutes or until chicken pieces are cooked through and no longer pink. Do not turn the chicken while Baking. When finished they come out golden brown and looking oh so delicious.
Load it up on a plate with a yummy side or two and listen to the lip smacking and yum noises as everyone eats. The chicken is moist and the breading has great flavor.
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don’t scratch my cookware and are super easy to clean!
- To prepare all of those ingredients a Glass Cutting Board is a must. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn’t stick to the blade.
If you love this recipe, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- In a small bowl combine the egg and the milk.
- Crush the crackers into crumbs.
- Crush a half sleeve of saltine crackers and a half sleeve of ritz crackers. This gives the breading a really good flavor. You can use breadcrumbs as well but the crackers give it a bit more of a crunchy breading.
- Add the spices to the crushed crackers and stir until well combined.
- Pour the breading mixture into a separate bowl.
- Remove the skin from the chicken.
- Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time, into the egg mixture and then the crumb mixture.
- Place the breaded chicken pieces into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Give each piece a couple squirts of the spray butter.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 60 minutes or until chicken pieces are cooked through and no longer pink. Do not turn the chicken while Baking.
Any chicken pieces will work with this recipe.