Make delicious S'mores Rice Krispies treats with chocolate and graham crackers. Below is the complete step-by-step recipe tutorial.
Looking for a fun twist on a classic recipe?
S'mores just taste like summer, but you don't have to be sitting around a campfire to enjoy them!
Today I am sharing a fun twist on a classic recipe. Everyone already loves Rice Krispie Treats, so let's take them up a notch and make S'mores Rice Krispies. Yum!
More Delicious Dessert Recipes:
Yummy desserts are my favorite part of any meal, especially when that dessert includes ice cream! And hopefully, you do too because we have several recipes to share with you. Like Lemon Meringue Pie, Easy Chocolate Glazed Donuts, and Dipped Chocolate Chip Pizzelle Cookies.
Be sure to look around the blog for more yummy dessert recipes!
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.
- 40 Large Marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 6 cups Krispie Cereal
- 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips
- 1 cellophane bag of Graham Crackers, crushed
In a large microwave-safe bowl melt the butter. Add the Marshmallows to the bowl and toss until they are all coated with butter.
Place in the microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and repeat. After the second 45 seconds add in the Krispie cereal and stir.
Once everything is nice and mixed press into a 13x9 inch pan. I first covered my pan with tin foil so it will be easy to remove once the Rice Krispie Smores are ready.
Melt the chocolate chips in another microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until they are melted.
This took about 3 times in the microwave at 30 seconds each.
Once the chocolate is melted, spread it over the marshmallow Krispies. It won't be a super thick layer, but it is enough.
To crush the Grahams place them in a large ziplock baggie. Crush them a bit with your fingers and then use a rolling pin to really break them into crumbs.
Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers over the chocolate while it is still melted, then press the crumbs into the chocolate with the flat end of a spatula.
Let this cool for several hours or place it into the fridge for a quicker cool down.
Once the chocolate has hardened cut into squares and serve!
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don't scratch my cookware and is easy to clean!
- A Glass Cutting Board is a must to prepare all of those ingredients. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully, and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn't stick to the blade.