This M&M Caramel Popcorn recipe is so easy to make. Pour into paper cups and add my fun patriotic printable and movie night is ready to go!
M&Ms are delicious, that is all there is to it!
So when I was planning a family movie night to watch some Captain America movies with the family I knew that a treat with M&M's would be perfect!
Like videos? I have a video tutorial for you! Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don't miss out on any future video tutorials!
More Dessert Recipes:
Desserts are my favorite part of any meal! Since I love cookies and cakes so much, we have several recipes to share with you. Like Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, these Chocolate Cake Pops with a Cake Mix, and Smores Rice Krispy Treats.
Be sure to look around the blog for more yummy Dessert recipes!
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.
- 2 cups M&Ms
- 14 Cups Popcorn (3 bags of microwave popcorn)
- 1 stick of Butter
- dash of Salt
- ⅔ cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ⅛ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup white Corn Syrup
- Blue Paper Cups (optional)
- Patriotic Circles Printable (optional)
Caramel Popcorn Recipe:
Before you begin making the caramel, put your popcorn in a big bowl and have the M&Ms measured and ready.
In a saucepan melt the butter. Add brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir in corn syrup and combine well.
Add milk and cook over medium heat to about 210 degrees with a candy thermometer constantly stirring.
*I do not own a candy thermometer. What I do is cook the mixture at medium heat, constantly stirring. Once it comes to a low boil I keep stirring for 3 more minutes and then I take it off the heat.
I like soft chewy caramel corn, but if you want crunchier and harder popcorn then cook the caramel sauce a bit longer.
Once the caramel sauce is ready drizzle it onto the popcorn.
Stir the caramel into the popcorn. Add most of the M&Ms and continue stirring.
I reserve some of the M&M's to sprinkle on top of the treat cups.
Stir until all of the corn and M&Ms are covered in caramel.
Some of the M&M's with melt and that is okay.
Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Next, grab some blue cups.
Print out my Free Patriotic Circles Printable and cut the circles out. Tape one circle onto each cup.
Fill the cups with the M&M Caramel Popcorn and top with a pinch of M&Ms.
Now you are ready for your family movie night! My kids thought this was so fun and they couldn't wait for their cups of popcorn.
If you have any M&M Caramel Popcorn leftover, store it in an airtight container and you can enjoy it all over again later!
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don't scratch my cookware and are super easy to clean!
- To prepare all of those ingredients a Glass Cutting Board is a must. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn't stick to the blade.
- Easy White Chocolate Fruit Dip Recipe with Cool Whip
- How to Cook Sausage and Vegetables in a Tinfoil Dinner
- How to Grow your own Easter Grass
- How to Make Baked Eggs in a Toaster Oven
- How To Make an Easy Ham And Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- How to Make the Best Recipe for Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Crunch
- How To Make Cute Goodie Bags that are Fast and Easy
- How To Make Oven Roasted Cornish Hens With Vegetables (A Step By Step Recipe)
- How to Make Your Own M&M Candy Christmas Ornaments
- How to Make a Three Cheese Lasagna Recipe with Ground Beef
- Avengers Coloring pages
- Paper Crafts: Turn an Envelope into a Bag Tutorial
Carrie @Frugal Foodie Mama
This popcorn recipe sounds amazing! And I love those Captain America popcorn cups- so cute! Pinned. 🙂
Oh my gosh, yum!!
That popcorn looks SO GOOD. Seriously. I need that, right meow.
YUMMO! We're having a popcorn bar for Rosie's birthday this week. can't wait!
Petite yet Chic
Looks oh so yummy! Definitely will have to try this 🙂
-Petite yet Chic
Jennifer Patricia Priest
Popcorn and M&M"s are a fav in our home! Yum!
Like I mentioned above such a DELICIOUS combo! Featuring you at next week's party! Thanks so much for linkin up! XO
Wow, I love this idea! And the buckets are so cute! My boys would love these!
Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck
This popcorn looks so yummy!!
I'm the Hulk! LOL #client
Erin @ Making Memories
What a fun movie night! And your popcorn looks wonderful!
This kids will love this for next movie night.
This looks so good and the kids would love it! Thank you for sharing on Show Me Saturday!
Hello! I love your way of thinking popcorn!!! I would love to make this for my kid's party this SAturday. How much in advance can I make them (if I don't eat them all before then LOL)? TIA
Lou Lou Girls
This looks so amazing! I can't wait to try it. Pinned and tweeted! Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you, tonight at 7 pm. Lou Lou Girls
I love mixing m&m's in my popcorn but never thought of using caramel. Thanks for linking up this week on #HomeMattersParty hope you will come back next week and link up again.