Enjoy a delicious bowl of homemade turtle ice cream with pecans, chocolate chips, and caramel. Below is a no-churn ice cream recipe.
Is ice cream a favorite of yours too? It is such a versatile dessert! Great for hot days, but is still craved when it's cold outside. There is nothing better than cuddling up in a warm blanket with a cold bowl of your favorite flavor of ice cream. Yup, it truly is magical.
Ice cream isn't a dessert I usually make, because let's face it, it is so easy to buy! But this month I was challenged to make and share an ice cream recipe. This made me a bit anxious as I have never made ice cream before.
Honestly, it was so easy and now I can't stop thinking about the different mix-ins we could try!
More Homemade Ice Cream Desserts:
Yummy desserts are my favorite part of any meal, especially when that dessert includes ice cream! And hopefully, you do too because we have several recipes to share with you. Like Homemade Fudge Ripple Ice Cream, Fresh Peach Ice Cream Sundae, and Mint Ice Cream Pie with Oreo Crust.
Be sure to look around the blog for more yummy dessert recipes!
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.
- 1 - 14 oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Pecans
- Caramel Sauce
The fun thing about this ice cream is you can change up the mix-ins. You could mix in anything like cookies or fruit to get the ice cream you are craving!
Homemade Ice Cream Recipe:
Step 1 - In a bowl stir together the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla extract.
Step 2 - Put your whipping cream in a bowl and whip until you have stiff peaks. I whipped mine on high for a little over 5 minutes.
Step 3 - Gently fold your whipped cream into your sweetened condensed milk and it is all nicely incorporated.
Step 4 - Pour half of your cream into a loaf pan. Add mini chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and caramel sauce. Add a little or a lot depending on what you like. Gently swirl the mixins into the ice cream. Repeat with the rest of the cream and chocolate/pecans/caramel.
Step 5 - Add just a teeny bit more caramel, chocolate, and pecans to the top to make it look pretty then cover with cling wrap and stick into the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
This recipe seriously takes less than 10 minutes to make. The hard part is waiting for 6 hours for the ice cream to freeze!
If you love this tutorial, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don't scratch my cookware and are super easy to clean!
- To prepare all of those ingredients a Glass Cutting Board is a must. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn't stick to the blade.
- How to Easily Make a Concrete Buoy DIY Door Stopper
- How to Make Large Paper Rosette Party Decorations
- 31 Free Camping Printables and Activities for Kids
- How to Make Hand Lotion for Dry Hands
- Easy Ham Glaze Recipe with Brown Sugar, Mustard, and Pineapple Juice
- 25+ Beautiful and Unique Handmade Jewelry Ideas
- How To Make A Stencil With Cricut Design Space A Beginner's Guide
- 20 March Madness Party Ideas: Food, Games, and Decorations
- How to Make a Photo Mug Sublimation Print in Cricut Design Space
- 25 Easy Paper Heart Crafts Ideas
- 20 Christmas Stocking Ideas that are Homemade
- How to Install the Deep Cut Blade in the Cricut Explore
Aimee @ like mother like daughter
I love turtle flavors so this Ice cream sounds amazing!! I can't wait to try this!
Alli @ Cupcake Diaries
I love the turtle flavor in anything! This looks so yummy. Gotta love that caramel swirl!
How easy and super delicious!! Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try it 🙂
I get weak in the knees for anything that includes the combination of chocolate, caramel, and pecans!
Yum Seriously. And really, how thankful are we that someone invented sweetened condensed milk? It really is a magic mom ingredient! 🙂 Thanks for sharing...stopping by from Mom 2 Mom Monday!
Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories
Oh this looks heavenly! Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday Linkup. Pinning to our linkup board and hope you join this week's linkup that just went live!
You have GOT to be kidding me. This recipe looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing with the #homemattersparty. We have the most creative guests this week!
Wow this looks AMAZING, I love a tasty turtle sundae and this is the next best thing! Thanks for linking up with the Creative Muster linky party!
Lou Lou Girls
Yum! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for bringing such amazing creations to our party. We hope to see you tonight at 7 pm because we LOVE to party with you! Lou Lou Girls
Debi @ Surroundings by Debi
Anything turtle is a favorite of mine! This looks delicious! Thank you for joining us at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop! Stop by today where I have featured you on my Tuesday Treasures from the hop!
This ice cream is amazing!!! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!"
Made From Pinterest
Yum! This looks absolutely delicious! I am going to make this as soon as possible! Keep posting great stuff like this... I will absolutely be returning! So good! Thank you!
I bet that was super yummy. It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight party. Pinned & shared.