Make a keepsake ornament with aluminum soda cans. An easy DIY craft tutorial idea for ball ornaments will look great hanging on your Christmas Tree.
This was such a fun DIY Christmas Ornament to make and it was very easy too. The fun colorful spirals inside the ornament are actually strips of Soda Cans.
Supplies Used to Make a Soda Can Christmas Ornament
Some links may be on similar items when exact items couldn't be found online.
I wanted the colors to be green and red Christmas colors, so I used a red Coke can and a generic Twist-up can.
How to Make a Soda Can Christmas Ornament
To cut the can open the easiest thing to do is to cut the top off and then the bottom off and then cut a slit up the side.
Cut the can into several strips and twist each strip around a pencil to give the twirly shape.
The ornament is a large globe, so it took a total of 4 cans to fill it up with twisted soda can strips.
Now I can't wait to put up our Christmas tree so I see it sparkle with the twinkle lights!
Do you have a homemade ornament that you hand on the tree every year? Share and leave a comment below!
You Might Also Like:
- Book Print Christmas Ornament
- Christmas Tree Snowglobe Ornament
- Paper Snowflake Christmas Ornament
- Gold Animal Ornaments
- Mercury Glass Ornament
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!