I have been pulling out all of the Christmas decorations and have loved decorating my home for Christmas. I added another shelf in my home so I knew I would need to make a few more things this year. I decided to make this Christmas Peace Wood Sign to put up on my new shelf – I just LOVE how it turned out. Let me show you how I made it!
Royal Design Studio sent me a stencil to use in a craft post and when I saw it I knew I wanted to use it for this sign. The Polka Party Christmas Stencil is a fun simple polka dot design. Looking at my blog you can see that I just love polkadots!
DIY Christmas Peace Wood Sign
- Scrap Wood – I used 2×2 wood scraps (5 boards are 13 3/4″ and 2 boards are 7″).
- 10 – 1 1/4″ screws – I predrilled the holes and then put the screws in to make sure the wood did not crack.
- Paint – White, Red and Green
- Royal Design Studio stencil – Polka Party Christmas Stencil
- Black Vinyl that says “Joy”
Cut and sand your wood. Line up the 13 3/4 -inch wood pieces as shown in the picture below. Screw in the two shorter pieces to add stability (this is the back of your sign).
Paint your sign white and let dry. Once it is dry tape down your stencil onto the wood.
Once everything is dry I sanded everything just a teeny bit.
Add your vinyl word Joy
I just LOVE how it turned out!
What do you think?