Moist and delicious heavenly chocolate cake for any celebration. Click here for the best recipe for Miracle Whip Cake.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Kraft. All opinions are 100% my own.
My husband grew up on Heavenly Chocolate Cake. It was the cake of choice for birthdays, events, and anytime cake was craved.
Today we are sharing that recipe so you can enjoy it too!
Easy Dessert Recipes:
Who doesn’t love desserts? We certainly do and that is why we have shared so many dessert recipes that can be enjoyed any time of year. Like this Lemon Meringue Pie, this Copy-cat Blizzard Recipe, or some Oreo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies.
Ingredients You’ll Need For This Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, divided
- 3 Eggs
- 1-1/3 cups Water
- 1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese softened
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups sifted Powdered Sugar
How to Bake Heavenly Chocolate Cake:
Heat the oven to 350° F.
Spray your 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. Coat with flour; set aside.
Stir cake mix and 1/2 cup cocoa in a large mixing bowl.
Add eggs, water, and dressing; beat with mixer until well blended.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 min. or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Beat the cream cheese, milk, and vanilla with mixer until well blended.
Combined powdered sugar and remaining cocoa and gradually add to frosting mixture while mixing.
This frosting is thick.
Put the frosting in the microwave for 30 – 60 seconds before spreading it on the cake. This will make it much easier to spread.
Spread the Frosting over a cooled cake.
This cake is delicious! I actually cut a piece and put it on a plate and was going to take a picture with a bite out of it and before I knew it the whole piece was gone and no picture. Oops.
So here is my second piece. ?
The chocolate flavor is amazing but isn’t too sweet or overpowering, and the added MIRACLE WHIP makes the cake so soft and moist.
My husband can’t believe I eat cake this way, but…
cake in milk so yummy! I’ve been eating it this way since I was a kid. Have you ever tried it?
For more ideas on recipes to use with Salad Dressing, visit MiracleWhip.com.
And if you make this Heavenly Chocolate Cake Recipe, please share a photo! I’d love to see it.
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don’t scratch my cookware and are super easy to clean!
- To prepare all of those ingredients a Glass Cutting Board is a must. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn’t stick to the blade.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix (not pudding in the mix variety)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Coat with flour; set aside. Stir cake mix and 1/2 cup cocoa in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, water, and dressing; beat with mixer until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, milk, and vanilla with mixer until blended. Gradually add combined powdered sugar and remaining cocoa, beating well after each addition. Spread over cake.