Make a beautiful pearl necklace to wear yourself or give as a gift! Below is the Braided Pearl Necklace with Ribbon Tutorial.
This project came from a picture I found on Pinterest. It was originally linked back to a store, but it was no longer available.
The necklace was so beautiful and I really wanted one so I was determined to figure out how to make it, and here is the step-by-step tutorial so you can make one too!
More Handmade Necklace Tutorials:
Jewelry is fun to make and wear to show off your personal style. We have several DIY jewelry tutorials we want to share with you! Like this Handmade Pendant Necklace, this Mama Bird Nest Necklace, and How To Replace a Broken Necklace Clasp.
Be sure to look around the blog for more handmade necklace tutorials!
Supplies You'll Need to Create this Project:
This post contains affiliate links.
Begin with two strands of Ribbon. Each strand I used measured about 2.5 - 3 feet because I wanted to make sure I had enough.
With the two pieces together, tie a knot about 5-6 inches in from one end. Then tie the thread into that knot. The thread is what we are going to string the pearl beads on, not the ribbon.
Thread one bead then pull the needle and thread through ribbon A, put on another bead, and put the needle and thread through ribbon B. Keep alternating making sure not to twist the ribbon.
The necklace will awkward in the beginning but it gets easier as you figure out the braiding technique. The key is for each ribbon to pass over 2 beads but you want them to alternate so there is a ribbon between each bead.
After you thread the last pearl, put the 2 ribbon strands together and tie a knot tight against that last pearl.
Trim Ribbon B close to the knot so you are left with only one long ribbon, Ribbon A. Trim Ribbon B off at the starting end as well so you have 2 single ribbon ends to tie together.
With the two loose ends, decide how long you want your necklace to be and tie another knot and trim the ends.
I made one purple and one black pearl necklace and I love them both. I have worn them many times.
If you love this necklace tutorial, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Jewelry Making Essentials List:
- Jewelry Pliers are a necessity and a different tool is needed for different tasks.
- Good quality Jump Rings are a necessity in many different sizes and metals.
- A Non-slip Bead Mat keeps all of your beads, findings, and tools in front of you without rolling away!
- The more you DIY Jewelry the more little beads and things you will accumulate. Keep them organized with Plastic Organizer Containers.
- How to Make a Statement Necklace with Ponytail Holder Beads
- 25 Tutorials to Make Beautiful, Handmade Rings
- How to Make an Easy Flower Ring
- How to Make a Towel Bar Necklace Hanger for the Wall
- DIY Rubber Band Bracelet with Loom Bands
- 25+ Beautiful and Unique Handmade Jewelry Ideas
- How to Loop a Head Pin for Jewelry Making
- How to Make a Necklace Card
- How to Make a Handmade Pendant Necklace
- How to Make Your Own Earring Holder Frame
- How to Fix a Broken Necklace Clasp
- 20 Cute Handmade Earrings Ideas