How to make a garland winter wreath for Christmas. An easy DIY craft tutorial idea for seasonal home decor in less than 30 minutes!
This tutorial is adapted from Facebook Live. To watch a live tutorial simply follow The Crafty Blog Stalker on Facebook.
Do you decorate for the winter season? I love to decorate for Christmas but love when those decorations can continue past the holidays! This garland wreath is one of those multiple season home decor items. It is perfect for Christmas but can also be left up through the winter months. Now that's my kind of decorating!
Supplies Used to Make a Garland Wreath
Some links may be on similar items when exact items couldn't be found online.
Here is a close up of what floral pins look like. They are basically double-sided pins.
Garland Wreath Video Tutorial
Like videos? I have a video tutorial for you! Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don't miss out on any future video tutorials!
How to Make an Easy Garland Winter Wreath
Begin by finding the end of the garland. Pin it to the wreath foam by placing the floral pin over the length of the garland and securing it to the wreath form.
Wrap the garland around the wreath form.
One length of garland was not enough for my wreath. Layer the two ends of the garland together and pin into the wreath, then continue wrapping.
Secure the end with a floral pin. If you wanted you could leave the wreath as is. All of that garland looks so pretty as a wreath!
I chose 3 matching floral picks to give the wreath a focal piece.
Cut the stems to about 2-inches long with a pair of wire cutters. If the stems are too long they will push through the back of the wreath and can scratch your door or wall.
Then simply push the stems into place on the wreath. And you're done! Wasn't that quick and easy?
This type of wreath is perfect for the outdoors because the cold weather won't hurt it one bit. It would also look great hanging indoors! I put mine on my front door.
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when needed!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- How to Make Glitter Shaker Snowman Decor with Cricut SnapMat
- 30 Fun Christmas Crafts Made with Embroidery Hoops
- 28 Felt Christmas Crafts You Can Make With Simple Instructions
- 34 Easy To Follow Ideas For DIY Advent Calendars
- How to Make a Patriotic Bandana Wreath
- 20 Creative New Year's Eve Decorations You Can Make
- 20 DIY Christmas Decor Crafts (Step By Step)
- How to Make a Beaded Spider Tutorial
- How to Make a Patriotic Mesh Wreath
- How to Make a 3D Reindeer Decoration