Make homemade corn dogs for dinner using this simple recipe. They taste like they’re straight from the fair. A dinner idea the whole family will love!
I am not a huge corn dog fan, but while we were on vacation last week, we ate several different types of corn dogs and they were all so amazing! We had the big “state fair type” corn dogs, the simple corn dogs from corner trollies, and my new favorite, hot dogs wrapped in pretzel breading. AMAZING!! Since vacation is over our life has returned back to boring and I am finding myself craving all the amazing corn dogs that we ate. So in desperation, I went to a favorite recipe of mine and have been making delicious corn dogs at home.
I have been reminded of how yummy this recipe really is and thought I would share it with you.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1/8 cup milk
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 2 (16 ounce) packages beef frankfurters
- 16 wooden skewers
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and milk.
- Preheat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Insert wooden skewers into frankfurters. Roll frankfurters in batter until well coated.
- Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
For my corn dogs, I used the cheap hot dogs, but I bet if you used the better quality hot dogs (yes there is such a thing as a good quality hot dog) these would be even better!
CLICK HERE TO PIN AND SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
Give it a try, and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below!