Learn What kind of Glass Paint to use on Glass with Americana Gloss Enamels paints. An easy DIY craft tutorial idea to get you started. Some of the supplies for this post have been provided by DecoArt. All opinions are mine alone.
This tutorial is adapted from a Facebook Live. To watch a live tutorial follow The Crafty Blog Stalker on Facebook.
Have you ever wanted to try glass painting? It is a fun craft to learn, but if you are new to this type of crafting you probably have some questions. That is why I am here to help! I have partnered with Deco Art and want to show and explain their different Glass paints. They are all amazing, but each has a different look.
For the test, I took a sheet of glass out of a frame so the different glass paint could be applied side by side. Also, the same blue was used in all paints so you could easily see a comparison.
Deco Art Paints Used:
- 3D Opaque Gloss Enamels
- Bottle includes a fine tip to easily write or draw to add dimension to your craft project. Great for personalizing, outlining, simple dots and swirls.
- Frost Gloss Enamels
- Gives glass a translucent finish. Use a cosmetic sponge to dab on paint for best results.
- Crystal Gloss Enamels
- Brush on paint that gives glass a transparent jewel-tone.
- Gloss Enamels
- This paint works on several different surfaces including wood, paper mache, plastic, resin, ceramics, glass and many other surfaces.
- Crystal Gloss Enamels Glitter
- Adds sparkle and shimmer to your painted glass project. Use a paint brush to apply this transparent paint with ultra-fine glitter.
ooks of DecoArt Glass Paint
Like videos? I do have a video tutorial if you would prefer to watch the tutorial. Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don’t miss out on any future video tutorials!
Before use, be sure to shake the bottle well and clean the surface with alcohol.
On my sample, I divided each section with a strip of tape to keep the different paint separate.
I removed the tape and let the paint dry for 4 days. This is a must to let the paint completely dry and adhere to the glass.
How to Cure DecoArt Glass Paint so it is Permanent
For a dishwasher-safe finish on oven-safe surfaces, place in a cool oven and set the oven to the indicated temperature on the bottle. The different paints have a different temperature. Bake for 30 minutes and cool with oven door partially open. Cleans up with soap and water.
Make sure to apply the paint to areas of the glass will not be in direct contact with food or your mouth. The paint is non-toxic but you still don’t want to ingest it.
From this test, my favorite is the Crystal Gloss Enamels. It is the third strip in from the left. I love the jewel-tone that it gives. It is glossy and still transparent. But of course, it also depends on what type of project you are working on and the look that you are going for.
What are you going to make when painting on glass? Share and leave a comment below!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest so you can see all the DIY projects I’m pinning!
You Might Also Like:
- DIY Coat Rack
- Sewn Watercolor Card
- Painted Medallions Wall Decor
- Upcycle Plastic Jars into Stylish Storage Containers
- Painted Monogram Letters