A DIY hack to make a Ceiling Mounted Sliding Camera Mount. Perfect for the do it yourself videos for video makers, videographers, and photography.
My DIY Ceiling Mounted Sliding Camera Mount has been installed and in use for more than 6 months now and I absolutely love it and use it on a weekly basis! Along with my blog, I also have a YouTube channel that I have been working on growing my audience, and this ceiling mount has made camera set up such a breeze! If you are in the video world you totally need one!
I feel like I should preface with, this is not one of my typical tutorials. I try to keep my tutorials pretty basic to where even the newest crafter would feel comfortable tackling the project. This tutorial is more difficult and one that requires some pretty heavy-duty tools. But I have received a lot of questions about my video setup so figured this would be the best way to explain how it all works.
Supplies Used: Some links may be too similar items when exact items couldn’t be found online.
- 1″ Aluminum T-Slotted Framing Extrusion
- 2, 1″ Aluminum T-Slotted Framing Extrusion (not necessary, just a finishing piece)
- Linear Bearing for T-Slotted Framing, for 1″width rail
- Brake Kit for Linear Bearing
- Aluminum Bar 1/2″ Thickness, 1 1/2″ Width
- RAM Mount 1.5″ Ball Double Socket Arm
- Quick Release Camera Mount
- 1x4x8 wood trim
A drill press is super helpful, but holes can be drilled with a regular drill too.
Click through to the next page to see how to put it all together!