Create a beautiful, one-of-a-kind, ombre glitter pendant necklace. Below is the complete step by step tutorial!
Do you like to make handmade jewelry too? There is something about wearing jewelry that you made, especially when you get compliments on it.
Handmade jewelry also makes a great heartfelt gift! This necklace was a gift for a friend and I was so excited to give it to her!
Supplies You'll Need to Create this Project:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Rectangle Pendant Tray with Glass
- Glossy Accents
- ½-inch Permanent Glue Dot
- Necklace Chain
- Jump Rings
- Glitter Paper
- Sharpie Marker
- Charms (optional)
Pendant Necklace Tutorial:
Any color of Sharpie marker will work. As you can see, I chose purple which is my friend's favorite color.
The first step to making your ombre glitter necklace is to color a scrap of glitter paper with a Sharpie marker. Color lightly at the top and darker at the bottom.
Make sure that you colored a large enough rectangle by placing the glass piece on top of the paper. You want the color to go past the edges of the glass piece.
Apply a large dollop of Glossy accents to the back, or flat side of the glass.
Lay the glass flat side down onto the colored glitter paper. Move the glass piece around just a bit to smooth out the Glossy Accents.
Don't worry if the Glossy Accents presses outside the glass. Clean large clumps up with a cotton swab and allow it to dry.
Once dry, cut around the glass rectangle with a pair of scissors.
Apply a glue dot to the inside of the rectangle tray and press the ombre glass piece onto it.
Attaching the Monogram Charm:
To make the monogram charm, I used a monogram letter charm and a small diamond charm and combined them with a jump ring.
For a more exact tutorial on creating a charm, visit my Heart Pendant Necklace Tutorial.
Now all that is left is to string the pendant and charm onto the necklace chain.
Doesn't it look fantastic? Now, this Pendant Necklace is ready to give!
P.S. She loved it!!
If you love this necklace tutorial, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when needed!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- How to Make a Statement Necklace with Ponytail Holder Beads
- 25 Tutorials to Make Beautiful, Handmade Rings
- How to Make an Easy Flower Ring
- How to Make a Towel Bar Necklace Hanger for the Wall
- DIY Rubber Band Bracelet with Loom Bands
- 25+ Beautiful and Unique Handmade Jewelry Ideas
- How to Loop a Head Pin for Jewelry Making
- How to Make a Necklace Card
- How to Make a Handmade Pendant Necklace
- How to Make Your Own Earring Holder Frame
- How to Fix a Broken Necklace Clasp
- 20 Cute Handmade Earrings Ideas