You can turn a simple black t-shirt into a stylish lace top. Below is the step-by-step tutorial, How to Sew a Lace TShirt Refashion.
Have you ever refashioned an old t-shirt? It is so much fun! It turns an old shirt new again and one that you'll love to show off!
This t-shirt refashion is one of those instances when the shirt turned out cuter than even I had imagined! This shirt is super simple to make and so fun to wear!
More Sewing Tutorials:
Be sure to look around the blog for more fun sewing ideas!
Supplies You'll Need to Create this Project:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Black T-shirt: old or new, doesn't matter
- ¼ yard Black Lace
- Sewing Pins
- Black Sewing Thread
- Sewing Machine
Begin by cutting the lace into 1 ½" squares.
Arrange the squares on the shirt in the design you want and pin them in place. For my shirt, I lined up the squares point to point in a straight line.
Sew a straight line through the lace squares to attach them to the shirt, one row at a time.
After all of the rows of lace are sewn, you are ready to wear your new shirt and go out on the town!
The ¼ yard of lace left me with quite a bit of leftover, so I am totally going to make myself another one of these shirts. I can't wait!
If you love this sewing tutorial, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Sewing Essentials List
- The Sewing Machine we use is a Singer Fashion Mate and has been a great machine.
- The Cricut 18" x 24" Self Healing Cutting Mat is my favorite. Beautiful pattern on one side, and measurements on the other.
- This Rotary Cutter cuts easily and is very comfortable to hold.
- And one can never have enough Measuring Tapes! I'm always misplacing mine.