Decorate for Christmas with a decorative throw pillow that actually jingles! This DIY holiday throw pillow will look fun and festive in your living room.
This decorative throw pillow definitely gets me in the mood for the holidays. The pillow actually JINGLES when you shake it!
Holiday Throw Pillow Video Tutorial
Like videos? I have a video tutorial for you! Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don't miss out on any future video tutorials!
Supplies Used to Make a DIY Holiday Throw Pillow with Bells
Some links may be to similar items when exact items couldn't be found online.
- 18-inch Pillow Cover
- 18-inch Pillow Form
- Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- Quilting Ruler
- Washable Fabric Pen
- Small Jingle Bells
- Sewing Needle
Prepping the Holiday Pillow Cover
To begin, iron the pillow cover to remove any wrinkles from the packaging.
Align the cover on top of a self-healing mat with measuring lines. Line up a quilting ruler with the cover and the self-healing mat. One inch from the top place dots every two inches starting at the one-inch mark. Lower the ruler two inches, and repeat placing dots 2-inches apart, but this time start at the 2-inch mark. This will stagger the marks.
Sewing the Bells on your Holiday Pillow
Cut a strand of sewing thread and string through the eye of the needle. Place the needle in the middle of the thread so that it is doubled up. Tie a knot at the end of the strand.
The tricky part of hand-sewing this project is not to go through both layers of the pillow cover. With your hand and needle inside the cover, poke the needle up at the first dot. Slide a bell onto the needle and pull the needle and thread through. Push the needle back through the cover very close to the original hole. Back up, through the bell, and back in. Make sure to loop each bell several times so that it is secure.
It does take a bit to hand-sew all of the bells but the finished look is amazing!
Slide the pillow form into the cover and you are finished!
Throw your DIY Holiday pillow on the couch with a comfy blanket and you are decorating for the holidays!
Want to make the matching Snowflake Pillow Cover shown above? I have a tutorial for that too: How to Make a Snowflake Pillow Cover.
What other things have you made to decorate your home with for the holidays?
Our Sewing Essentials List
- The Sewing Machine we use is a Singer Fashion Mate and has been a great machine.
- The Cricut 18" x 24" Self Healing Cutting Mat is my favorite. Beautiful pattern on one side, and measurements on the other.
- This Rotary Cutter cuts easily and is very comfortable to hold.
- And one can never have enough Measuring Tapes! I'm always misplacing mine.
- How to Easily Make a Concrete Buoy DIY Door Stopper
- How to Make Large Paper Rosette Party Decorations
- 31 Free Camping Printables and Activities for Kids
- 41 Funny Bathroom Signs that will make you Laugh
- 20 Fun Free Patterns For Perler Bead Crafts
- 22 of the Tastiest Non-Alcoholic Drinks for a Refreshing Summer
- How to Make a Drinking Cup with a Sublimation Tumbler Press Machine
- How to Make Decorative Glass Votive Candle Holders
- How to Design and Cut Large Decal Stickers with Cricut
- How to Make Your Own Earring Holder Frame
- How to Make Paper Strip Hearts
- How to Make a Vinyl Mirror Decal Quote with Cricut Explore
Leave a Reply