Painted ceiling medallions add design and unique wall decor for your home. A simple DIY craft tutorial idea to add style to your home decor.
I saw this idea a while ago and I knew it was a perfect DIY for my blog and my home. Ceiling Medallions are beautiful, but I decided to change them up a bit with paint and hang them on the wall as art instead of on the ceiling framing a light fixture.
Supplies Used to Make Painted Medallions
- 17 ⅛-Inch Washington Ceiling Medallion
- 10-Inch Andrea Ceiling Medallion
- American Acrylic Paint
The medallions are super lightweight so they are perfect to hang on the wall. I am not exactly sure what they are made of, but they are sturdy, lightweight and paintable. This is how they looked right out of the box.
I was going to use a sponge brush but decided to go with a paintbrush to really help me get in all of the nooks and crannies.
I put two coats on each piece to hide the brush marks and get a good solid coat. The medallions are very easy to paint, you just really want to make sure that you cover it well with paint and don't miss any spots.
Here are the medallions all painted. Aren't they pretty already?
Hung them on the wall using command strips. They are super light so light they will stay no problem. I also matched them with a circular mirror that I purchased at Hobby Lobby. The whole look came together very nicely and I love how it looks!
Plus they complement the furniture that I have in the room too. I love it when pieces come together to help make a room feel more complete.
Do you have a favorite piece of home decor that you DIY'd? What is it? Share and leave a comment below!
Follow me on Pinterest and you can see all the DIY projects I'm pinning!
You Might Also Like:
- DIY License Plate Wall Art
- Paint a Stenciled Door Mat
- Hand-Painted Sign Tutorial
- Chalkboard Flower Pot
- Painted Polka Dot Piggy Bank
- How To Frame Diamond Art in 4 Easy Steps
- 37 DIY Yarn Wall Hanging Crafts With Clear Instructions
- How to Make a Poké Ball Clock with a Free Laser Cut File
- How to Distress Acrylic Paint on Wood Frame
- How to Glass Etch a Picture Frame
- How to Make a Snowman Window Hanger with Gallery Glass
- How to Make a DIY Mirror Wall in Your Home
- How to Make a Dreamcatcher with Easy-to-Follow Instructions
- 20 Embroidery Hoops Crafts for Home Decor
- How to Decorate a Light Switch Cover with Duck Tape
- Remembering Loved Ones: How to Create a Meaningful Pet Memorial Shadow Box
- How to Make a Painted Cork Board - Crafts for Kids