Learn how to make paper mason jar candy treat holders with a free SVG! These small treat holders make are simple and make great classroom Valentines. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn a commission.
Need cute little Valentine gifts to hand out to classmates, coworkers, and friends?
The cute mason jar-shaped candy holders are so cute and easy to make if you have a cutting machine.
Plus, I have designed this free SVG just for this project, so make sure to grab it below.
Craft Video Tutorial:
Like videos? I have a video tutorial for you! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don't miss out on any future video tutorials.
Mason Jar SVG Design:
To begin, grab the Mason Jar SVG Design.
Cricut Design Space:
Upload the SVG file into your cutting software, I use Cricut Design Space.
The cutting file is sized to fit the Sizzix Shaker Domes perfectly, so there is no need to resize it.
Before we cut, there are some adjustments we need to make to the file.
In the layers panel, highlight the entire design and select "Ungroup".
Highlight the text "for you" and change the operation from "Cut" to Pen"
Keep the text highlighted and grab the red heart and select "Attach".
Highlight the text again, and change the operation from "Cut" to Pen"
On the gray mason jar piece, highlight the lid pieces and change the operation from "Cut" to Pen"
Keep the lid highlighted and grab the gray jar and select "Attach".
Now everything should be grouped correctly to cut.
Follow the prompts in Cricut Design Space to know which colors and tools to load when cutting.
Here are the three cut pieces needed to make our mason jar treat holder.
Grab a shaker dome, and place it on top of the white background piece. We are gluing it in place just yet.
place the gray piece on top and move the dome around until all the pieces are perfectly centered.
Remove the gray piece without moving the dome, and use a pencil to trace around the dome.
Place a food-safe glove on the hand that will be handling the treats. You never want to touch other people's food.
Scoop the dome into the candy and shake out any excess so the back can fit flush against the dome.
Carefully peel back just a portion of the adhesive strip on the dome.
Place the white piece face down onto the cup, and then quickly flip everything over so the dome is on top.
Then move the dome until it fits perfectly inside that traced line you created. Press around the exposed edge to stick it into place.
Turn it back over and lift up the edge of the dome to grab the adhesive strip backing, and pull back to remove the rest of that strip. Press the backing shape into the adhesive.
Turn over so you can see the candy in the dome.
Apply adhesive to the back of the gray piece and place it on top, and press it into place.
Cut a long length of twine. Wrap it around the top of the jar 2 or three times.
String the "for you" heart and tie the ends in a bow.
And there is your Mini Mason Jar Treat Holder!
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when needed!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- How to Make Glitter Shaker Snowman Decor with Cricut SnapMat
- How to Make a Hot Chocolate Bar Handmade Gift with Free SVG
- How to Make a Laser Cut Ornament Advent Calendar
- 20 Interactive Valentine's Day Party Games For Kids And Adults
- How to Make Arabesque Tile Ornaments with a Free SVG
- How to Make the Easiest Christmas Balloon Ornaments
- How to Make a Personalized Etched Glass Wine Bottle
- 20 of the Cutest Valentine Card Boxes on Pinterest
- How to Make a Manly Beef Jerky Bouquet
- How to Make Paper Strip Hearts
- 25 Easy Paper Heart Crafts Ideas
- 20 Classroom Valentines Cards You Can Make with Cricut