This post has been sponsored by Duck Brand. All opinions are mine alone.
Create custom light switch covers to match your home decor. Below you will learn how to decorate a light switch cover with duck tape with a complete step-by-step tutorial.
Recently, we painted my daughter's room white. I like white because it makes the room feel bigger and clean, but it can also be a little blah. The room needed some pops of color.
The outlet covers are a simple DIY that would add some life to the room. So we got out the Duck Tape!!
More Duck Tape Craft Tutorials:
Duck Tape isn't just for the garage, there are so many fun things you can make! We have several duck tape tutorials that we'd like to share with you. Like these Duck Tape Keychains, this Pool Noodle Launcher, and this Bike Seat Duck Tape Repair.
Be sure to look around the blog for more fun craft tutorials!
Supplies You'll Need to Create this Project:
This post contains affiliate links.
To cover the entire light switch you will need three strips of Duck Tape. I used two strips of pink and one strip of silver for the middle.
Begin by laying the first strip of tape at the bottom of the cover. Make sure to line the edge of the tape up with the bottom edge of the cover.
In both corners, cut a small diagonal slit into the duck tape where the corner of the cover is.
The slit makes is you can easily wrap the Duck Tape around the corners of the cover.
Add another pink strip of Duck Tape to the top, aligning the edges and wrapping the corners the same as above.
Lay the center strip of tape down, centering between the top and bottom pieces.
When the front is nicely covered it is time to remove the extra. Using a craft knife, cut along the edges of the cover.
With the cover face down, cut out the rectangle for the light switch.
Finally, used an awl and poked through the screw holes.
All done. Pretty easy, right?
All of the plates below were covered with duck tape using the same method as above. They really do come together really quickly and are so cute too!
Screw that back into the wall and you are all done! Ta - dah!
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when needed!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- How To Frame Diamond Art in 4 Easy Steps
- 37 DIY Yarn Wall Hanging Crafts With Clear Instructions
- How to Make a Poké Ball Clock with a Free Laser Cut File
- Seal a Diamond Painting and What Sealant to Use
- How to Glass Etch a Picture Frame
- How to Distress Acrylic Paint on Wood Frame
- How to Make a Snowman Window Hanger with Gallery Glass
- How to Make a Dreamcatcher with Easy-to-Follow Instructions
- 20 Embroidery Hoops Crafts for Home Decor
- Install a Mirror Wall in Your Home
- 20 DIY Laundry Room Signs for Wall Decor
- How to Make a Painted Cork Board - Crafts for Kids