Use up that scrap wood and make American flag decor for the summer holidays! Below is the complete Wood American Flag Decor tutorial.
This is a super simple craft, that would be great for a friend's craft night, or one to make with the kids. And with all of those summer patriotic holidays around the corner, you can leave this home decor up all summer long!
More Patriotic Craft Tutorials:
It is so fun to craft with red, white, and blue! So naturally, we have shared several patriotic crafts here on our blog. Like this Patriotic Paper Rosette, this Patriotic Bandana Wreath, and this Red, White, and Blue Mesh Wreath.
Be sure to look around the blog for more seasonal craft tutorials!
Supplies You'll Need to Make This Craft:
- 42 inches of 2x2 wood
- 4.25 inches of 2x3 wood
- Spray Paint in Red, Blue, and White
- Vinyl Star Cutout
- Wood Glue
- Red and Blue ribbon or Tulle (optional)
The first step is to cut your wood pieces.
Out of the 2x2 length of wood cut 2 pieces that measure 9.75 inches, and 3 pieces that are 7.25 inches.
Out of the 2x3 wood, you need a piece that is 4.25 inches long.
Next, we paint. Each piece will need at least two coats of paint.
Grab 1 long piece of 2x2 wood and 2 small pieces of 2x2 wood and paint red.
For the white paint, grab 1 long piece and 1 short piece of 2x2, and your 2x3 piece of wood.
When the paint is dry for the white pieces. Take your 2 x 3 wood piece and place your vinyl star in the center. We are using this vinyl star as a stencil.
Paint the 2x3 piece blue.
When the paint is dry, dry remove the star and Wallah! You have a white star on your blue block.
Assemble the flag and glue it together using wood glue.
If you would like, you can tie some ribbon or tulle around one side of the flag like was done here.
Now you have the cutest little patriotic flag that you can proudly display in your home.
The finished size is 7.5 x 9.75 inches.
Which drink are you most excited to try?
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- Easy White Chocolate Fruit Dip Recipe with Cool Whip
- How to Cook Sausage and Vegetables in a Tinfoil Dinner
- How to Grow your own Easter Grass
- How to Make Baked Eggs in a Toaster Oven
- How To Make an Easy Ham And Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- How To Make Cute Goodie Bags that are Fast and Easy
- How To Make Oven Roasted Cornish Hens With Vegetables (A Step By Step Recipe)
- How to Make Easy Step-by-Step Aunt Jemima Blueberry Pancakes
- How to Make Your Own M&M Candy Christmas Ornaments
- How to Make a Three Cheese Lasagna Recipe with Ground Beef
- How to Make a Star Wars Stormtrooper T-Shirt
- Avengers Coloring pages
love it cute
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Summer @ Summer Scraps
Thanks so much!