Craft Fantastic products were given for the purpose of this tutorial. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Like videos? I have a video tutorial for you! Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don't miss out on any future video tutorials!
Make fun DIY Jewelry with the Retro Bracelet kit from Craft Fantastic. Below is the complete step-by-step tutorial with video.
Have you ever made jewelry before? It is so much fun!
The best part of making your own jewelry is wearing it after because those compliments mean so much more. Plus, it's so fun to say "Thanks! I made it myself."
Today I am going to show you a very simple bracelet that you can make that is sure to get lots of compliments. Especially when you customize and add your own personal style.
More Handmade Jewelry Tutorials:
Jewelry is fun to make and wear to show off your personal style. We have several DIY jewelry tutorials we want to share with you! Like this Fishtail Stretch Bracelets, this Ombre Glitter Pendant Necklace, and this Simple Flower Ring.
Be sure to look around the blog for more handmade jewelry tutorials!
Supplies You'll Need to Create this Project:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Round Retro Bracelet Kit
- Fantastic Glaze & Glue
- Fantastic Jeweler's Dots
- Pattern Paper or Cardstock
- 1-inch Square Punch
- Cotton Swabs
Assemble the Retro Bracelet Kit
The Round Retro Bracelet Kit includes the elastic base of the bracelet and 8 round glass pieces. The glass pieces are where the magic happens! 🙂
To customize your own personal style into the bracelet, you will need to have some patterned paper in your favorite color, or pattern.
I am totally in love with gold foil right now and recently got this 12x12 paper stack of gold foil cardstock at my local craft store.
Pictures can also be used, just make sure they are printed on a laser or inkjet printer, I wouldn't recommend using originals.
A whole 12"x12" inch piece isn't required, in fact, I used my 1" square punch and cut a square out of the papers that I wanted to use.
Glue the glass pieces to the pattern paper with the Fantastic Glaze & Glue.
On the flat side of the glass rounds, apply a good amount of the Glaze & Glue. When you apply it to the paper the glue will ooze around the sides, and you want it to do that so it has a good seal.
With a cotton swab, wipe around the edges to remove the excess.
Set aside and let dry completely.
When the glue is completely dry, cut around the glass with a pair of scissors.
Remove a Jeweler's dot and apply one to each of the circles on the bracelet.
Remove the red backing from the Jeweler's Dot and press the paper/glass round into place.
The last step is to put it on and admire your talent and amazingness!
I told you this bracelet was easy! I can tell this is going to be a favorite. With all of the colors I chose, this bracelet will go with anything!
If you love this tutorial, please give it a five-star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Jewelry Making Essentials List:
- Jewelry Pliers are a necessity and a different plier is needed for different tasks.
- Good quality Jump Rings are a necessity in many different sizes and metals.
- A Non-slip Bead Mat keeps all of your beads, findings, and tools in front of you without rolling away!
- The more you DIY Jewelry the more little beads and things you will accumulate. Keep them organized with Plastic Organizer Containers.
- How to Make a Statement Necklace with Ponytail Holder Beads
- 25 Tutorials to Make Beautiful, Handmade Rings
- How to Make an Easy Flower Ring
- How to Make a Rubber Band Bracelet with Loom Bands
- 25+ Beautiful and Unique Handmade Jewelry Ideas
- How to Loop a Head Pin for Jewelry Making
- How to Make a Necklace Card
- How to Make a Handmade Pendant Necklace
- How to Make an Electrical Wire Ring
- How to Make Your Own Earring Holder Frame
- How to Fix a Broken Necklace Clasp
- 20 Cute Handmade Earrings Ideas