Sew your own fashion top with this Ruffled T Shirt Refashion Tutorial.
I love to sew when I can customize to make unique pieces that fit my style. When I found a tutorial on Pinterest for this ruffled shirt refashion, I knew I had to make my own.
Today I am sharing my results after following the Ruffle Shirt Tutorial by Tea Rose Home.
Easy Sewing Tutorials:
We have shared all kinds of sewing projects in the past! Like this Ipad Mini or Kindle Case Sewing Pattern, this Pencil Skirt from 2 Tank Tops, or this Minky Rag Quilt. So be sure to look around the blog for more fun sewing ideas!
Supplies You'll Need to Create this Project:
This post contains affiliate links.
- 2 Tshirts of matching color in your size
- Sewing Machine
- Matching Thread
These shirts were purchased at a local second-hand shop for $2 each. I'm all about a $4 shirt!!
How to Sew a Refashion T Shirt:
For the step by step tutorial, I am going to refer you to Tea Rose Home.
This is a fantastic tutorial with stepped out photos that are easy to follow and she explains the steps very well.
This is the same tutorial I used to create my shirt.
The shirt really turned out great and I love how it looks on me.
Who would you make this shirt for? Yourself or make it as a gift?
When you make this Ruffle refashioned shirt please share a photo! I would love to see it.
Our Sewing Essentials List:
- The Sewing Machine we use is a Singer Fashion Mate and has been a great machine.
- The Cricut 18" x 24" Self Healing Cutting Mat is my favorite. Beautiful pattern on one side, and measurements on the other.
- This Rotary Cutter cuts easily and very comfortable to hold.
- And one can never have enough Measuring Tapes! I'm always misplacing mine.
- How to Easily Make a Concrete Buoy DIY Door Stopper
- How to Make Large Paper Rosette Party Decorations
- 31 Free Camping Printables and Activities for Kids
- 12 Easy Paper Toys to Print, Cut, and Assemble
- 20 Felt Christmas Crafts You Can Make With Simple Instructions
- How to Make Sea Glass Wind Chimes
- How to Make a Handmade Pendant Necklace
- How to Make a Patriotic Mesh Wreath
- Remembering Loved Ones: How to Create a Meaningful Pet Memorial Shadow Box
- How to Make Your Own Earring Holder Frame
- 30 of the Best Bread Maker Recipes
- How to Make a Spiral Cut Paper Tree
EvA. . .
Love the shirt Katie! Good job 🙂 And by the way those quilts look really pretty too!
That shirt came out well. Did you catch any spiders?
Your shirt turned out so cute! Great idea to look at the DI for shirts!
The shirt turned out great! How fun to get together as a family to craft!
Cute shirt! And I love that you ladies get together for a craft weekend! Can I come too? 😉
I love Tea Rose Home too! You did a great job on your shirt and have inspired me to add this to my list of projects I want to do! Visiting from Gluesticks Linky Party and now your new follower!
Steph @ Crafting in the Rain
Love it! And I miss DI--Goodwill seems overpriced to me 🙂
I love this! What a great refashion! You did really well, I must try this! Thanks for linking up at Show & Share. I appreciate your support each week!
Oh my heck, you're Tracy's sister? I'm in her ward! How awesome to find you in a link party 🙂
Hi Katie, your sparkle ornaments that you shared at Project Queen's Christmas Craft Tutorial Link Party was one of the top 3 viewed the most! I will be featuring them tomorrow evening. Thanks so much for linking up and posting the button. Hope you come back again and share another great craft idea.
I love your shirt! You have inspired me! I must make one as well! Bookmarking this asap! Thank you so much for sharing @ Show & Share. Happy to have you!
Melanie @ bear rabbit bear
Great shirt! I need to make a few!
I love the shirt. I keep thinking I am going to stat sewing and maybe modifying T-shirts, it hasn't happened yet though.
Sara @ My Merry Messy Life
Oh, this is wonderful! I love how your family gets together and crafts. What wonderful memories you are making! I love love the shirt. Gotta make one of those! Thanks for linking up at Hookin On Hump Day! http://www.mymerrymessylife.com/2012/08/hookin-on-hump-day-12-link-party-for.html
Cutie shirt! I'm so pinning this. And crafting with family is SO much fun; my Mom is in town and we have a craft date tomorrow. Yay!
How cute! I have been wanting to make this shirt since i first saw it on Pinterest!
I need to do this. I love your version of it. Thanks so much for sharing it on "I Gotta Try That Monday" linky party. Have a great day!
Athena @ Lifes Abundant Adventures
Love the shirt, I wish I could sew. 🙂
Robin @ FlusterBuster.com
What a cute shirt! Are the sleeves ruffled too?