Spicy Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp of Gourmet Garden Lightly dried chili pepper (more or less depending on how much heat you like)
- 1 pound of hamburger, browned
- 1 – 14.5 oz can hominy or corn – I just love any recipe where I can add hominy
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 – 14.5 oz can Kidney beans
- 1 envelope of Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 small jar of salsa con queso cheese dip
- Serve with shredded cheese and chips
In a large sauce or soup pan add your browned hamburger and mix it with the Taco seasoning. Add your tomaotes and beans.
Mix together and bring to a boil. Once it start to boil reduce to a simmer.
Add your cheese cheese dip and stir it in. Then add the dried Chili Peppers and simmer for 10 minutes.
The Gourmet Garden Chili Peppers come in a container of about 6 large roughly chopped habanero chilies. They have been lightly dried and once opened last for 4 weeks in the fridge. Because they are lightly dried they refresh while cooking. The Chili Pepper can be added at the begininf of cooking time to infuse flavor or can be added towards the end of cooking time for a sharper flavor. 1 Tbsp of the Chili Peppers replaces about 2 Tbsp of fresh Chili Peppers.
Serve with some cheese on top and some chips for dipping.
Oh Yum! I love this soup!