Packed with juicy steak, veggies, and fajita seasoning, this quick dinner recipe will become a family favorite. Check out this recipe for steak fajita boats. This post contains affiliate links.
When my family gets together, good food is always included. It could be a birthday party, a family game, or a movie night, but you will find delicious things to eat!
My favorite items to serve are bite-sized foods that are easy to eat and serve.
These steak fajita boats are perfect for this! I can have them served up and ready to be eaten.
More Delicious Dinner Recipes
Be sure to look around the blog for more delicious recipe tutorials!
Why We Love This Recipe:
This recipe is super easy to make and can be thrown together really quickly. Which makes it perfect for those nights when you don't have a plan.
Plus, I tend to use quick ingredients like frozen pre-cut peppers and onions, and frozen steak strips, but this recipe could easily be adjusted to use all fresh ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the variations of this recipe?
The sky is the limit when it comes to what you can add to your fajitas. When thinking of toppings, simply think of what you put on your fast food fajita order!
This is an unpopular opinion but I love mushrooms in fajitas, I think they are delicious. I have been told by others that mushrooms don't belong in Mexican food. So do what you think is delicious!
Examples of what could be added or swapped:
- green onions
- green bell peppers
- red bell peppers
- jalepeno peppers
- garlic cloves
- lime wedges
- sour cream
Can this be made ahead and frozen?
It depends, if you are already using the quick ingredients that you purchase frozen, then you would not want to.
But if you are using all fresh ingredients you could prepare the ingredients and freeze them.
How do you store the leftovers?
Package leftovers in an airtight container. My favorite is the Rubbermaid tubs.
The CDC recommends only keeping leftovers of any type for 3 - 4 days.
How do you reheat leftovers?
Remove the lid from the Rubbermaid container, and place it in the microwave. Heat for 30-second intervals until the food is at the desired temperature.
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe: (Full Recipe at the bottom of this post)
- Pepper/Onion Strips
- Precooked Steak Fajita Strips
- Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Old El Paso Mini Taco Boats
- Shredded Cheese
- Vegetable Oil
How to Make Steak Fajitas in Boat:
Step 1: In a large frying pan, add frozen steak fajita strips, frozen vegetables, and vegetable oil, on medium-high heat.
Step 2: Once everything starts cooking saute for 2 minutes.
Step 3: Add fajita seasoning along with the amount of water the seasoning packet calls for.
Step 4: Following the seasoning packet instructions cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 5: Place fajitas and peppers into your mini taco boats.
Step 6: Add Cheese and enjoy!
These fajita boats are just the perfect size!
Our Baking Essential List:
- For baking casseroles, we use Glass Baking Dishes. I especially like the dishes with lids so leftovers can be transferred straight to the fridge.
- Silicone Kitchenware is my favorite because they don't scratch my cookware and are super easy to clean!
- To prepare all of those ingredients a Glass Cutting Board is a must. We even keep ours on our counter at all times.
- This Knife Set will also become your favorite! They cut beautifully and with the hollow design of the knife, food doesn't stick to the blade.
How To Make Easy Steak Fajitas in a Boat in Six Quick Steps
- 10 ounces Pepper/Onion Strips
- 12 ounces Beef Steak Strips
- 1 packet Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Shredded Cheese
- 1 box Mini Taco Boats
- In a large frying pan, add frozen steak fajita strips and frozen vegetables, with Vegetable Oil. Heat to medium/high.
- Once everything starts cooking saute for 2 minutes.
- Add fajita seasoning along with the amount of water the seasoning packet calls for.
- Following the seasoning packet instructions cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place fajitas and peppers into your mini taco boats.
- Add Cheese and enjoy!