Create a beautiful chevron glass etched vase to add to your home decor. A complete step-by-step tutorial. This post is sponsored by FrogTape Brand Painter's Tape. All opinions are mine alone.
I am a Chevron junkie. I cannot get enough of this Charlie Brown pattern. If it ever goes out of style I will be that person stuck in the Chevron Era.
That is why I was so excited when I saw Chevron Shape Tape™ made by FrogTape®? This stuff is fantastic and super easy to use.
Shape Tape comes in 3 different patterns, and that means the possibilities are endless as to what you can create!
More Cricut Craft Tutorials:
Be sure to look around the blog for more craft tutorial ideas!
Supplies You'll Need to Create this Project:
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Make a Chevron Glass Vase
Begin by cleaning the glass vase with isopropyl alcohol.
I wasn't exactly sure how to begin positioning the tape, so I just played around with it until I got it placed right were I wanted it.
The Shape Tape™ is very easy to use because the backing actually peels of in two strips so you don't have top worry about placing a super sticky strip of tape.
Simply peel one side before you position the tape and then peel the other side when the tape is placed.
Ultimately, I decided on 2 thin strips of chevron around the glass vase.
Since the vase has a curved surface, you will need to adjust the tape as you go around.
I covered the rest of the holder with blue FrogTape® painters tape to protect it from the etching cream.
The etching cream is the consistency of a thick pudding. Apply thickly and according to the bottle's directions. Let the cream sit about 15 minutes.
Be careful not to get the cream except for where you want it because the cream with leave a mark even if only on for a minute.
After 15 minutes scrape the etching creme off the glass and for most brands you can put the cream right back into the original container to be used again.
Rinse the glass with water and remove the tape.
It looks pretty all by itself!
I added some Candy Corn to celebrate Fall and a candle.
When you make an etched glass vase, please share a photo! We'd love to see.
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- These MakerX Crafting Tools are perfect for keeping in the craft room, and are always ready when you need them!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- How to Easily Make a Concrete Buoy DIY Door Stopper
- 75 Easy DIY Home Decor Projects to Fit Your Style
- How to Paint a Stencil Wall with Beginner Tips
- 20 Succulent Crafts Ideas that are Fun and Easy!
- 20 DIY Lampshade Ideas to Lighten Up a Room
- 20 DIY Ideas to Personalize Your Shadow Box or Shadowbox
- 15 Rusty Bed Spring Crafts for Your Home
- 20 Beautiful Etched Glass Project Ideas Made at Home
- How to Make Sharpie Plates and Is It Permanent
- Top 5 Cricut Explore Air 2 Projects for Beginners
- Top 20 Easy Wood Burning Crafts from Pinterest
- How to Make a Vinyl Mirror Decal Quote with Cricut Explore