This Chicken Salad Wraps recipe has always been a favorite of mine. I love the combination of the BBQ chicken with the lemony dressing, sweet grapes, a hint of onion with crunchy celery and cashews – so delicious! My favorite way to enjoy Chicken Salad is on a croissant. However, often times in the summer when I want things a bit lighter I enjoy this salad in a wrap. That is why today I am sharing a recipe for BBQ Chicken Salad Wraps!
This wrap would be perfect for a picnic, brunch, girls night out or lunch for you while the kids are playing in the sprinklers.
Here is the recipe if you would like to try it:
BBQ Chicken Salad Wraps
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grapes – halved
- 1/2 cup celery – diced
- 1 bunch green onion – diced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- romaine lettuce (washed and dried)
- tortilla wraps
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning or Lawry’s seasoning salt (I use either depending on what I have)
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- First mix all dressing ingredients together. Place in fridge while you prep other ingredients.
- Chop up celery, onions and slice grapes in half. Shred chicken. Mix together in a bowl.
- Add dressing and mix well. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
- Before serving add cashews and mix well. Place a leaf of romaine lettuce on a tortilla and fill the leaf of lettuce with chicken salad.
- Roll up the wrap and cut in half. Enjoy!
First mix together the dressing ingredients and place in fridge while you prep your other ingredients.
Cut your grapes in half, chop up your celery and onions and shred your chicken. You can cook some chicken up for this recipe, use a rotisserie chicken or like I do use up any leftover BBQ Chicken. Stir in the dressing. Mix everything well.
Add in your cashews and mix.
Take a torilla and put a large romaine lettuce leaf down the middle. Fill the lettuce leaf with your chicken salad.
Roll up the tortilla and cut in half.
How easy and delicious is that?
Today I am getting together with some other fabulous food bloggers sharing ideas perfect for a picnic. I hope you find something you would love to take to your next picnic!
Italian Orzo Pasta Salad from The Stay At Home Chef
S’more Truffle Pops from Ashlee Marie
Turkey Club Picnic Sandwiches from The Baker Upstairs
Slow Cooker Savory Baked Beans from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches from Real Mom Kitchen
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad from Creations by Kara
Macaroni Salad from Like Mother Like Daughter
Red, White, and Blue Fruit Salad from Life Made Simple
BBQ Chicken Salad Wraps from Summer Scraps (your’re here)
Even more picnic recipes: