Turn a plain boring purse into a beautiful fashion accessory with only items purchased at the dollar store.
Do you ever roam the dollar store wondering what you can make out of all of the dollar goodies you can find? I do that nearly every single time I'm there. I love dollar-store crafts!
Dollar Store Craft:
On a recent trip to Dollar Tree, I found some really fun stuff that a normal person wouldn't think to put together, but I did!
The first is a round blue purse that was kind of blah but the blue color is very pretty. A long cream shower scrub, and a hair tie with a silhouette pendant.
But look at what I did with them!
It is my new little purse/handbag. I love how it turned out and it was super easy to make!
How to Makeover a Dollar Store Purse:
Hand-sew the shower scrub to the front of the bag and trim off the excess.
Cut the Silhouette brooch from the hair tie. Hot glue a pin to the back and pin it onto the front of the bag.
Seriously, so easy!
If you love this tutorial, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Sewing Essentials List
- The Sewing Machine we use is a Singer Fashion Mate and has been a great machine.
- The Cricut 18" x 24" Self Healing Cutting Mat is my favorite. Beautiful pattern on one side, and measurements on the other.
- This Rotary Cutter cuts easily and is very comfortable to hold.
- And one can never have enough Measuring Tapes! I'm always misplacing mine.
- How to Bling Your Jeans with Rhinestones
- 20 Beautiful Fabric Flower Tutorials
- How to Make a Colorful DIY Felt Garland the Easy Way
- 20 T-Shirt Yarn Projects That Are Simple & Fun
- 20 Sewing Patterns for Purses and Bags that You Can Sew
- How to Make a Minky Rag Quilt
- How to Make a Fabric Strip Rag Quilt
- 20 Christmas Stocking Ideas that are Homemade
- How to Make a Custom Kitchen Rug